Welcome! Log In Register
emi
Posted by: emubob
Date: July 29, 2018 09:11PM
which works better in strong emi,concentric or dd coils?emubob

Re: emi
Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: July 30, 2018 12:27AM
For me I'd say its more about size than design. The larger the coils the more prone they are to EMI issues because they are, well a bigger antenna.
Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Posted by: REVIER
Date: July 30, 2018 07:14AM
I use a very powerful and sensitive F70 which can be pretty chatty on higher settings and I hunt in some very high EMI sites and have not noticed a huge difference between concentrics and DD's.
As stated previously size does matter, larger coils can be noisier than smaller.
Also design does matter, I only used factory coils for years and then got a Nel coil plus eventually a huge Cors coil.
Both the Nel and the Cors state on their website that these coils have better shielding so supposedly quieter and more stable in heavy EMI environments.
I can tell you for a fact this is true and very noticeable after using both coils many times in sites I have hunted dozens of times with factory coils.
I have found a ton of targets with all three of these company's coils but using the two quieter ones can enable me to turn up the settings and make my detector hotter if I choose to do that and hunt in quieter, more stable and less jumpy environments no matter what settings I am using.
I mean quieter environments in my headphones.
The quieter and less noise/chatter I listen to can let me pick out the better signals easier and differentiate between good ones and falsing background noise.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
Currently using an F70 and a Mojave....and a Nox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 07:20AM by REVIER.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 01, 2018 11:37AM
I know with a Deus the higher the KHZ you run the less EMI the HF coils have little to no EMI effect for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login