Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lost the top of my Garrett carrot-(Hint-it is black not orange)
Posted by: Darkflight
Date: August 04, 2018 07:58PM
I had a senior moment a while back & the top of my pinpoiter dropped and I didn't notice till I went to install the battery.

Long story short I was looking for an orange cap-not seeing one I backed up my vehicle to see under better-crunch. Ok there it is-and it was just behind a wheel so I straightened the cap as best I could.

A few days back I lost it again-knowing mine was compromised I decided to try and order a new one. Nothing on any website or bay.

I called Garrett cust service & told the truth3 year old pointer used hard lost the cap. They sent a new one free of charge.

I have long held the pinpointer they sell is the best. I'm glad the customer service actually is that good also.
(I didn't dare tell her I sold my AT because it lacked depth on silver but the pointers are the cats meow IMHO).

I wasn't sure where to post this-hope this forum is OK.

Re: Lost the top of my Garrett carrot-(Hint-it is black not orange)
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: August 04, 2018 08:59PM
I just don't understand how the top can just fall off. It's under pressure from the battery spring and an O-Ring? I'm I missing something?

Arizona
43 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Makro Multi Kruzer
Makro Racer 2
White's DFX x 3
Minelab Equinox 800

Pretty simple-
Posted by: Darkflight
Date: August 04, 2018 10:00PM
I keep my pointer on a lanyard. The unit is held by a ring secured by the cap. When I change batteries-or in the last case-had some water inside-I take the cap off. The chord is attached to the cap but then the ring can let the cap fall off if I just pick up the lanyard-in a senior moment.

My wife found the leaky run over one by the lawn under bush. So now I have a spare.

But point is good CS & I told them it was my fault.

Re: Lost the top of my Garrett carrot-(Hint-it is black not orange)
Posted by: dan b
Date: August 06, 2018 08:34AM
Garrett service is top notch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login