Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
X-terra has been best mid-priced detector
Posted by: Canewrap
Date: August 20, 2018 06:11PM
Over the years I've tried the F70, F75, AT Pro, and White's MXT. I keep coming back to my X-terra 70 because of how balanced and reasonably light it is with the straight shaft, gets pretty decent depth and is really flexible. I suppose if I had found more productive relic sites I would have been tempted to get another, higher-end machine to be sure I was getting all I could get, but I'm not convinced that I would be getting any significant improvement in depth. I would still have the MXT as it was the equal to the X-terra, but the thing was tearing up my shoulder.

Re: X-terra has been best mid-priced detector
Posted by: bulletman
Date: August 21, 2018 07:52PM
Agreed! Love the Xterra 705 and my old Xterra 30. Light weight, and not much improvement has taken place with the Equinox in my opinion. I hunt with a CTX occasionally, but the weight also does great damage to my old body.

Bulletman

Shalom

Posted by: Des D
Date: October 04, 2018 09:59AM
AGREED

I wasn't too enthused with my Equinox 600 and chopped it for an older and IMHO, better "X-Terra 505" detector.

Des D

X-terra has been best mid-priced detector
Posted by: Canewrap
Date: October 04, 2018 06:23PM
-- moved topic --

Posted by: wyobuck
Date: October 28, 2018 07:18PM
I must of had 3 lemons, 1st failed the first day, 2nd failed in 3 mos, 3rd was great on FL beaches but failed on a tailings pile in WY, would not go silent. Called minelab, NO help, said they would have the XTerra expert named John call me. No call came, sold it to another beach detector after sending it back for repair. Luckily I had my backup Tesoro Diablo II, it worked fine on the same tailings pile.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: October 29, 2018 08:00PM
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm glad some people like it. It wasn't for me.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: October 31, 2018 09:23AM
The X-Terra 705 has been a pretty solid/versatile performer with it's three available frequencies over the yrs.

I could never convince myself to buy one though. The idea of having to change coils to change frequency never appealed to me.

Getting maximum performance, requires buying a multitude of coils of different sizes, or configurations (DD, or concentric) in three different frequencies. That could get very costly and turn that "mid-priced detector" into a bit of a money pit from my perspective.

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: November 10, 2018 09:28PM
I haven’t owned a lot of different detectors. But have owned 5 or 6 xterras. I also like the Mxt.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login