Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pinpointers
Posted by: MetalMiner
Date: September 17, 2018 05:11AM
Anyone use the new XP MI-4 pinpointer? was wondering how you like the XP MI-4

I just order one, as the popular orange one is acting up with uncontrollable beeping. changed the batteries
but it still goes wacky have to bang it or turn it off & on to get it to stop beeping. I've owned 4 from that manufacturer & they are not reliable at all if I'm lucky
I get a year and half out of them. Thanks

Re: Pinpointers
Posted by: FWest
Date: September 17, 2018 05:58AM
I have one and like it. Rechargeable battery is great. Strong vibe function. No false-ing that I have noticed. A better holster is also included. I am happy with it.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: September 17, 2018 08:31AM
I love mine I have the MI-6 though and a Deus but use it with my Equinox all the time
It floats to and the recharging is great no more batteries! All I use

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: September 17, 2018 08:51AM
What's the difference between the MI-4 & MI-6 and how long of run time do you get out of it between charges?-----Thanks
Mkus
I love mine I have the MI-6 though and a Deus but use it with my Equinox all the time

Pinpointers
Date: September 17, 2018 10:37AM
-- moved topic --

Date: September 17, 2018 04:35PM
D&P-OR
What's the difference between the MI-4 & MI-6 and how long of run time do you get out of it between charges?-----Thanks

The Mi-6 is for those who own a Deus, it can interface with the Deus wirelessly

Posted by: marcomo
Date: September 18, 2018 04:12PM
I've been impressed with the durability of the Carrot.

One of the things a lot of people don't realize about pinpointers is that they have small windings near the tip that can distort with pressure.

The first couple original black Garrett Pro-Pointers I had back in 2008-2009 I made the mistake of pushing them into the ground whenever I couldn't find a target in the hole. I can tell you from experience that will make a pinpointer go squirrelly in a relatively short amount of time. I bought 2 new Carrots back in late 2015 (I think) when I got a deal and got them both for under $200. I'm still on the first one, the tip wore through but I put a little rubber cap on it like they sell on fleabay and it's still working as it should.

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: September 19, 2018 12:21AM
I got one of the the XP-MI4 pin pointer this year and only used it a little, but what I have seen I really like it as it is rechargeable and waterproof too. One thing is read the instruction well and maybe keep a copy with you if you have a memory like mine (happens when you get old) as I thought it was defective one time as it wouldn't pick up anything, or I couldn't hear it as that is another problem when you get old. What I had did was shut off the vibrating by accident and has the sound, but I couldn't hear it. When I turned it on I went to set the sensitivity to max by hitting the button 3 times which I did, but when turning it on I must have held the button too long and got in the configuration mode and 3 push of the button shut off the vibrating mode..
I really like this pin pointer over the other hand held pin pointers.

Rick

Date: September 19, 2018 06:15PM
Rick(ND)
I got one of the the XP-MI4 pin pointer this year and only used it a little, but what I have seen I really like it as it is rechargeable and waterproof too. One thing is read the instruction well and maybe keep a copy with you if you have a memory like mine (happens when you get old) as I thought it was defective one time as it wouldn't pick up anything, or I couldn't hear it as that is another problem when you get old. What I had did was shut off the vibrating by accident and has the sound, but I couldn't hear it. When I turned it on I went to set the sensitivity to max by hitting the button 3 times which I did, but when turning it on I must have held the button too long and got in the configuration mode and 3 push of the button shut off the vibrating mode..
I really like this pin pointer over the other hand held pin pointers.

Rick

Just got it, took me a little while to figure out how to program it, it came out of the box in Vibrate only mode. that confused me when I held the button for 5 secs I didn't get the beep I got a short vibrate.

so after watching the Youtube video of how to work It I finally figured it out. I prefer the vibrate off & LED off so as to prolong the battery life. I may change that once I actually use it in the field

but so far I like it

Re: Pin pointers
Posted by: BH505Man
Date: November 03, 2018 01:26AM
Of all the pin pointers made that I've tried so far, the Teknetics Tek - Pointer is the best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login