Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Just for "FUN " and to make us all envious.. What has been your best/favorite find for 2018
Posted by: Elton
Date: October 01, 2018 10:36AM
Show us your best, or your favorite..:smile:

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

A Home Made Electric Wooden Guitar, Found In The Woods Last Week :rofl: (Gibson or Fender)
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: October 01, 2018 11:55AM
Last Friday, a relic hunt in the woods......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 12:06PM by John-Edmonton.

Re: A Home Made Electric Wooden Guitar, Found In The Woods Last Week :rofl: (Gibson or Fender)
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: October 01, 2018 08:41PM
John Adams and GW button tie for me. I probably will never beat these in the rest of my detecting career but doesn't stop me from trying …..BTW John that's a cool find too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 08:42PM by calabash digger.

Re: A Home Made Electric Wooden Guitar, Found In The Woods Last Week :rofl: (Gibson or Fender)
Date: October 02, 2018 08:38PM
John and CD.Their awesome finds....

Administrator

Re: Just for "FUN " and to make us all envious.. What has been your best/favorite find for 2018
Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 03, 2018 06:23AM
I got a capped bust half dime one of my best finds this year but the 1883 Morgan and 1946 walker almost an inch away were killer finds!

Re: Just for "FUN " and to make us all envious.. What has been your best/favorite find for 2018
Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: October 03, 2018 09:13AM
I guess since I don't have a picture it did not happen. I was asked to look for a lost ring. Took quite a bit of time but I was able to find the ring and hand it to the young lady who lost it. It had belonged to her grandmother.

White gold, knuckle to knuckle, with a row of Nice diamonds down the center and smaller diamonds all around the outside edge. Beautiful ring and obviously some one paid a lot of money for it.

Her reaction to my finding the ring made it my best find of this year.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: October 03, 2018 07:01PM
I have found a lot of awesome coins this year but these 2 are my favorites... 1890 Morgan and a 1917-S Type 1 SLQ

Date: October 03, 2018 08:32PM
Nice recovery George..pic or not..Your word is excellent...

Administrator

Date: October 03, 2018 08:33PM
wow wyo those are magnificent..

Administrator

Date: October 03, 2018 08:33PM
Oh yea Mikus.their great.

Administrator

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 04, 2018 08:14PM
It would be a toss-up between these.

Posted by: kansa54
Date: October 04, 2018 09:12PM
Found this 1833 Dragoon Cap Plate on an Indian village site that I have been detecting on since 2001. It is an insignia that was worn on a Dragoon soldiers dress cap. Not sure why it was on this site or how I missed finding it after all these years but sure tickled to have it now.

Posted by: kansa54
Date: October 04, 2018 09:22PM
Hey Jason in Enid, I found a ring identical to yours in Jan. 2017. 14k with 5 real diamonds. Love it !

Posted by: MetalMiner
Date: October 05, 2018 05:10AM
a 1758 Half Real with the Equinox 800 found in a NJ Park

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: October 05, 2018 06:25AM
Nice finds guys! Nothing like a great find to get the heart pumping!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login