Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New silver coin record for me!
Posted by: still looking 52
Date: October 14, 2018 03:06PM
Decided to try the woods just off the edge of the park we normally hunt, we hadn't been there long about an hour and I hit this hot spot where I found four silver dimes in about a thirty minute period, two dimes where in the same hole. After finding two in the same hole I went and got my brother to join in on the fun and while he was standing only a few feet from me I found another two silver dimes in a twenty minute period.
None of the coins where that deep, three to four inches, so it was just I got lucky that day. Most likely the same person lost all the coins on the same day, they where that close together.

Re: New silver coin record for me!
Posted by: Dancer
Date: October 14, 2018 03:44PM
You Silver guys amaze me. Only silver I get I happen to blunder into. Hats off.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: October 14, 2018 03:45PM
Nicely done.....

Posted by: jim tn
Date: October 14, 2018 04:23PM
Good job sniffing those Merc's out. 4 silver days are getting rarer and rarer. HH jim tn

Posted by: dfmike
Date: October 14, 2018 08:29PM
Great finds. I would pound that area to death. There must be a silver quarter lying there somewhere.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: miserman
Date: October 14, 2018 09:01PM
Nice job. I agree on your theory that they were all lost at the same time. The wear pattern on them tells a story. The 26 Merc has the most wear followed by the 37 having less wear and then the 43 and 44 having very little wear. They were probably lost about 1945. A great 4 silver day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2018 09:03PM by miserman.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 15, 2018 07:04AM
Very nice finds it’s strange how you get those days where silver just keeps coming I had a great day last week on vacation
One morning got 3 but one was a seated 1876 CC quarter I was in shock!
I’ve never found a CC coin in CT or my father he’s been detecting more than 40 years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2018 07:05AM by Mkus.

Date: October 15, 2018 09:01AM
oh yeah and I hunt the edges a lot and do very well great area to focus on

Date: October 15, 2018 11:23AM
dfmike
Great finds. I would pound that area to death. There must be a silver quarter lying there somewhere.
Excactly my plans! My thoughts are there hasn't been much detecting in the area because these four dimes we're metal detecting 101. Never know Mike, there could be even better than a quarter in those woods.

Date: October 15, 2018 11:26AM
Mkus
Very nice finds it’s strange how you get those days where silver just keeps coming I had a great day last week on vacation
One morning got 3 but one was a seated 1876 CC quarter I was in shock!
I’ve never found a CC coin in CT or my father he’s been detecting more than 40 years!
Still looking for my first liberty seated coin, maybe it's hiding under one of those big oak trees?

Date: October 15, 2018 11:52AM
Well that coin was found along the edge of this park so they're out there

Posted by: Silver Pirate
Date: October 16, 2018 07:57PM
Very nice indeed!!!:beers:

Mark Twain — 'There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login