Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Recommendation needed
Posted by: rodbuster
Date: December 20, 2018 02:30PM
I have looked at what is on the market and need a recommendation for a detector that I can hunt with in the rain and some fresh water beach hunting. I am using a T2 and have good success with it but in wet conditions wrapping it in plastic to keep it dry isn't the way to go. A learning curve isn't a problem with a new detector and I have thousands of hours in the field over the last 40 years but each company claims to out gun the other guy on what they can offer. I have 2 detectors that I use for diving but aren't the best on land, my T2 and a few others work great on land but not in wet conditions. Does any one have a recommendation or brand that they have had luck with. Thanks

Re: Recommendation needed
Posted by: REVIER
Date: December 20, 2018 03:59PM
I would say the MX7, the AT Pro or Max or one of the Equinox's are the way to go for total waterproofing.
There might be some waterproof foreign jobbies out there now, also, but I don't know for sure.
I don't know anything about the Whites, between the Garrett and Minelab units the ML's have more adjustments on board.
I have an 800 so I am kinda biased towards that one, myself.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
Currently using an F70 and a Mojave....and a Nox.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: December 20, 2018 04:43PM
I like my Whites MX7 and I have used it in light rain and snow. I still protect the battery box because the headphone jack is exposed otherwise and I really hate using the inner speaker on any detector. The MX Sport would be a better idea if you really want a waterproof submersible detector. It will give you total piece of mind in all kinds of weather plus you be able to hunt in the water. It is slightly heavier than the MX7.

I have used a Fisher F44 a few years back. That one is weather proof as well. Not submersible but I have used it in the rain a few times with the internal speaker. No issues. I think the F22 is weather proof as well.

As far as I know, The Nokta/Makro Kruzers and Anfibio are also waterproof. I don't have those but I have a Nokta Fors CoRe and I like it. I would not hesitate to buy any of their products.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: jim tn
Date: December 21, 2018 06:30AM
I would say for the hunting you describe the Equinox would be the way to go. HH jim tn

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 21, 2018 07:11AM
Equinox or Anfibio is the way to... Way more performance and features in those detectors compared to the AT series and Whites MX sport. Really no comparision....

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: December 21, 2018 09:27AM
Tesoro Tiger shark?Well proven for freshwater beach hunting and totally waterproof/submersable.Also simple to operate and an alternative to a detector with vdi and loads of programs......also fast response in trashier areas.

Posted by: georgemohr
Date: December 23, 2018 05:17PM
Been waiting for you to go "one on one" with the Nox vs. Anfibio, in your test garden. Should be an amazing comparison, yes?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login