Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Five month finds recap
Posted by: JoeVal
Date: December 22, 2018 11:08PM
As the calendar year comes to a close, I just wanted to share with you folks the fun I’ve had for the past five months. I’ve bought five detectors and two pinpointers to help the economy along, and spent a lot of hours out in the sunshine, heat and now the cold, swinging a stick and digging holes. I got to find my first class ring and return it to its owner, and watched more YouTube videos on metal,detecting than a sane person should watch. I’ve also learned enough from others experiences to significantly shorten the learning curve on each machine that I’ve acquired. I’ve dug a bunch of Matchbox type cars, and enough trash to fill two 5-gallon buckets (yeah, I kept track of the trash as well.).

I’ve hunted and dug 1,190 coins, and at least that many holes extracting trash that I thought would be treasure. That's the fun part of this hobby...not ever being 100% certain that the signal you dig is going to be the target you imagine it to be. The most important thing I’ve learned is that all five of my machines are capable of being bald faced liars in any given day.

I know my finds pale in comparison to the veteran detectorists, but they’re special to me. I know I’ll never get to financially wealthy from this hobby, but it’s a hobby that can be used to consume 30 minutes or an entire day, and still be rewarding.

Enough drivel...here’s my little cache of finds for the five months I’ve been having fun.

Re: Five month finds recap
Posted by: tommygun
Date: December 23, 2018 02:29AM
Nice saves!

Nice finds.Hope for. More to come this summer.N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: December 23, 2018 04:39AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: vito
Date: December 23, 2018 09:31AM
That for sure is a great pile of goodies. Congrats.
And this shows how you like the hobby and playing
to the dirt. :wink:

Good Luck & Happy Holidays

current stuff:
White's :whites: ......- VX3 / MXT / DFX / TRX / DigMaster Digger / SpectraSound Wireless Headphones
Coils.................. - Deep Scan 1400DD / Super 12 / 10" DD Round / 6x10 DD / 950 / 4x6 DD
Fisher :fisher: - CZ70 Pro
Coils...................- 10.5" Spider / 8" Spider
DetectorPro .......- Jolly Rogers Headphones

+++ We Do Bad Things To Bad People +++

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: December 23, 2018 10:06AM
That's a lot of fun right there, next year should be even better with the learning curve making you a better detectorist.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 23, 2018 04:55PM
NICE!

Posted by: u2robert
Date: December 24, 2018 05:15PM
Oh no you have to tell us the detectors you bought, you can't keep us hanging like that:)

Posted by: whyicare
Date: December 27, 2018 06:12PM
For my finds this year which is about to come to a close, 2,144 quarters, 1,873 dimes, 570 nickels, 1,661 pennies, 16 $1 coins (non-silver), 3 halves, 4 silver quarters, 2 silver Halves, 12 silver dimes, 63 wheat pennies, 2 gold rings, 1 gold necklace, some silver rings. I purchased a F75 in March, 2018 and a used Cors 13" DD coil. My finds from the F75 and large coil amounted to $671 in clad coins which break-even for the purchased of the metal detector and large coil. I averaged $2.38 and 19 coins per hour. Definitely, I wouldn't quit my 9-5 job to do this full-time.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 01, 2019 08:40AM
You guys are killin' it----continued good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login