Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What's happened to Whites?
Posted by: Smigo
Date: December 23, 2018 05:21AM
Hi guys. What's happened to Whites? I haven't been here for a few months and have noticed they have gone. The main dealer here in Aus closed not long back too. Are they going bad or something?

Re: What's happened to Whites?
Posted by: REVIER
Date: December 23, 2018 05:51AM
Smigo
Hi guys. What's happened to Whites? I haven't been here for a few months and have noticed they have gone. The main dealer here in Aus closed not long back too. Are they going bad or something?

Everything Whites was moved to the Main Comparison Forum

https://www.findmall.com/list.php?31

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
Currently using an F70 and a Mojave....and a Nox.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: December 23, 2018 08:00AM
They are no longer a sponsor on this forum. HH jim tn

Date: December 23, 2018 08:45AM
So far Tesoro, Kellyco and Whites all opted out of sponsoring forums.
Times they are a changing.

Posted by: vito
Date: December 23, 2018 09:39AM
They decided to better promote themself via social network.
Their main interest is pointing to facebook, But to me facebook sucks.
Even Google+ they don't stand by any longer.

As Revier stated, times are changing.

anyway.... Good Luck & Happy Hunting :detecting:

Posted by: dfmike
Date: December 23, 2018 09:46AM
I know sponsorship ain't free but having a presence on good forums like this is continuous publicity especially when people show their finds. IMHO Whites made a mistake by opting out. I personally hope they will come back strong in 2019. They have some good machines in their lineup.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

I have always loved their machines. DFX is a real winner! Found my most valuable ring with a DFX.N/T
Posted by: bulletman
Date: December 23, 2018 02:33PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Smigo
Date: December 23, 2018 03:35PM
OK, thanks for the replies. Times sure are changing, that's for sure. Good luck over the holidays guys.

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: December 23, 2018 06:21PM
The sponsor list still has Kellyco listed as a sponsor.

Kellyco is a Find's Treasure forum sponsor...N/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: December 23, 2018 06:57PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Administrator of Finds Treasure Forums
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors
" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Date: December 24, 2018 09:35AM
chuck, ky
The sponsor list still has Kellyco listed as a sponsor.

Basic sponsor maybe but they also used to sponsor the entire New User Forum for a long time...now they don't.
If I am wrong correct me but the forum is advertising for a new sponsor for that sub-forum so I don't think so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 09:38AM by REVIER.

Posted by: quicksilver
Date: December 25, 2018 05:13PM
Not sure if I can say this here, and I don't want to offend anyone, but performance wise, whites isn't even in the game anymore. Ya everyone is glad they have nice people at there factory to answer the phone, but maybe they should be more worried about development of a machine that can compete with deus, minelab. Just my opinion.

From "The old line state", Equinox 600, Teknetics G2+, Teknetics T2SE, Garrett pin pointer, and a lot of determination...

Posted by: Diggindumbstuff
Date: December 26, 2018 09:52PM
Admittedly I am a White's guy and I agree. They have fallen way behind. At this point the main reason for using my Mxt Pro is the SunRay DX-1.
Deus, Nox and Anfibio have my attention. White's does have great service but ....

I dig with and because of my DAD!

Posted by: Mega
Date: December 27, 2018 03:30AM
quicksilver
Not sure if I can say this here, and I don't want to offend anyone, but performance wise, whites isn't even in the game anymore. Ya everyone is glad they have nice people at there factory to answer the phone, but maybe they should be more worried about development of a machine that can compete with deus, minelab. Just my opinion.

That about sums up the situation with Whites at the current moment in time,they have been in a slow decline for some time,i have always been a Whites user,but alas i doubt that i would ever buy another machinefrom them,the last new one that i purchased and still use was the very last TDI Pro that was sold in the UK,really like that machine and that will stay with me for a very long time.

Must admit i do still like using my IDX Pro,but my main machine for over a decade the DFX is gathering dust in the corner and has done for nearly 4-5 years since getting my Deus,T2 and other detectors.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: December 27, 2018 07:18AM
A real shame. I learned a lot from the Whites detectors and was a dedicated Whites user for many years. Still swear by the DFX as far as best tot lot machine.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login