Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: What's happened to Whites?
Posted by: Bucksport
Date: December 27, 2018 10:21AM
I currently have 5 White’s machines. 3 are non display units. They all work great. Simple and reliable. They keep the excitement alive for me. I plan on scooping up at least 3 more older classic machines in the next year.

2@ Whites Coinmaster Classic III (one with mods)
White's Classic II
White's Classic III SL (with mods)
White's Classic ID
White's IDX Pro
White's Treasure Master
Tesoro Mojave
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Land Ranger Pro
Eurotek
Eurotek Pro
2 X BH Tracker IV, one with 4" and other with 8" coil
Vibra probe 570 and 580

Posted by: woody
Date: December 27, 2018 03:57PM
My first machines were Whites beginning in 1974. The ones I bought in the last few years were simply too heavy Time has taken a toll on my back and arms. Make'em lighter!

Re: Kellyco is a Find's Treasure forum sponsor...
Posted by: treasure_hunter
Date: December 28, 2018 11:27AM
FYI, Kellyco is still a sponsor, Kellyco was recently sold and the banner expired during the transition so it had to be renewed through the new owners.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: December 28, 2018 12:41PM
Is Kellyco going to be relocated by the new owners (TN)?-----Or will they remain at the same location in FL?
treasure_hunter
FYI, Kellyco is still a sponsor, Kellyco was recently sold and the banner expired during the transition so it had to be renewed through the new owners.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: December 29, 2018 04:50PM
woody
My first machines were Whites beginning in 1974. The ones I bought in the last few years were simply too heavy Time has taken a toll on my back and arms. Make'em lighter!

Have you tried the MX7 ? I find it light and very well balanced.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: December 30, 2018 06:22AM
REVIER
So far Tesoro, Kellyco and Whites all opted out of sponsoring forums.
Times they are a changing.
Well tesoro is going out of business, I've heard kellyco is being bought out and whites is not making anything that makes me want to buy ...

Retired...happy...been detecting since 1978. Bill

Posted by: Elton
Date: December 30, 2018 09:34AM
yep...and all we are waiting on is the new banner Kellyco owners want displayed ..........it should be up soon..

Administrator of Finds Treasure Forums
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: u2robert
Date: December 30, 2018 11:58AM
All Florida Locations have been Closed

D&P-OR
Is Kellyco going to be relocated by the new owners (TN)?-----Or will they remain at the same location in FL?

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: December 30, 2018 04:32PM
How many did they have in Florida and are there any other locations?

woody, I second dfmike's suggestion.
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 31, 2018 05:53AM
You ought to give the MX-7 a try as it is very comfortable, nicely balanced, and ... in my opinion ... it is the best all-purpose performer in White's current offerings. I have been dealing with (aka suffering from) a terrible bad back and other body parts since '88, and getting around with a cane since early '93. I have been adjusting my Detector Outfit for the past several months to thin out some moderate to heavier models and fill in with some lighter-weight units. But they also need to be performers and the MX-7 definitely will.

I seldom work large, open-areas with sparse targets so that means the standard 950 and other bigger-size search coils rarely get used. Besides, most of the smaller to medium-side coils provide better than expected depth and performance, and since the vast majority of the places I hunt are very trashy, especially with nails and other iron, I favor the 6½" Concentric most of the time on my MX-7, and if shallow water hunting a river or lake beach I use the open-frame 7" Double-D.

I feel you pain .... but not with the MX-7.:detecting:

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Posted by: JBM
Date: December 31, 2018 08:52AM
I have just put the clock back 18 years and purchased a Whites XLT.

Having had plenty of machines over the years this purchase has given me a chance to put the clock back.

It was a brilliant machine in its day.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 01, 2019 08:37AM
When whites failed to do some minor tweaking on the TDI PRO they left money on the table and this is about the time the death spiral began.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: January 01, 2019 10:41AM
doc holiday232
When whites failed to do some minor tweaking on the TDI PRO they left money on the table and this is about the time the death spiral began.

They need to tighten their quality control and listen to their users. The competition has become fierce and mistakes can be very costly if not dealt with promptly. Personally I'm wishing them all the best. They made and still make great detectors.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 10:42AM by dfmike.

Posted by: #1Leatherneck
Date: January 01, 2019 12:53PM
White's Spectra V3i is still in the lead. My opinion. How many can scan simultaneous three khz? I realize I may be bias because I own the V3i. I have two others I am considering purchasing. Neither one does anything the V3i does not do. Technology is driving the other competition out of business. Realistically, the V3i is still in the lead. At least not taking back seat to any other. When I see one that is superior to any significant degree I am sure I will add it to my collection. I appreciate any, and all comments.

Thanks!

#1Leatherneck

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: January 01, 2019 03:35PM
All locations??? Kellyco just had one location.
u2robert
All Florida Locations have been Closed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login