Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher F5 coils
Posted by: Snap On Man
Date: January 02, 2019 08:11PM
Well I waited to long to buy a Tesoro as a backup detector. So I am going to try and find a Fisher F5. That was the detector I was going to buy before Teknetics dropped the price of the T2.
So what I am looking for is opinions on which coil I should add to the F5? Should it be the 5X10"DD or the 5"DD.

Re: Fisher F5 coils
Posted by: Mega
Date: January 02, 2019 09:30PM
I cannot comment about the 5x10'' coil but the 5'' coil on my T2 is deadly and deep,possibly one of the best coils that i have used forr the job it was designed for trashy sites etc,but when used in AM mode on the T2 it is deep.I do own and use alot of coils but the FT 5'' coil is superb,it may not cover a great amount of ground but it was designed for trashy sites and in that environment its deadly.

An ageing reprobate awaiting the Reaper's visit, trying to do interesting things until he calls....

Posted by: WV62
Date: January 03, 2019 08:04AM
I bought a new 5" gold bug coil from a dealer for my F5 and the depth at best was about 2". Maybe I got a bad one.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: January 03, 2019 10:35AM
WV62
I bought a new 5" gold bug coil from a dealer for my F5 and the depth at best was about 2". Maybe I got a bad one.

Ron in WV

The same thing happened to me when I put a 5" Gold Bug coil on an Omega I had.
Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Posted by: bulletman
Date: January 03, 2019 01:29PM
You had to have gotten a bad coil. I own a number of Fisher products, both old and new. Mine are crazy deep, at least with my F70, 1236, CZ-21, Goldbug, and others, you had better have a backhoe with you to recover some targets.

Bulletman

Shalom

Posted by: MarkCZ
Date: January 03, 2019 01:36PM
bulletman
You had to have gotten a bad coil. I own a number of Fisher products, both old and new. Mine are crazy deep, at least with my F70, 1236, CZ-21, Goldbug, and others, you had better have a backhoe with you to recover some targets.

Bulletman

Shalom
Keep in mind what my brother and I are saying,
We were using a Gold Bug 5" DD on a different model detector that they're claimed to also work on.
He tried one on an F5 and I tried one on an Omega, and the results were pitiful.

Mark

Avatar, Me and my two brothers from left to right!

WV62 - MarkCZ - Still Looking 52

Posted by: bulletman
Date: January 04, 2019 06:36AM
Interesting. Still thought it should work!

Bulletman

Shalom

Posted by: texkinzee
Date: January 12, 2019 02:41AM
CORS aftermarket coils for the F5 work very well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login