Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: My thoughts
Posted by: Dancer
Date: March 04, 2019 05:55AM
This is one of the best threads I've read. One can tell the replies were made by veteran hunters. It takes time to feel your on the same page as your machine.
The modern machines I believe are made to interest the younger computer savie guys. Taking time to sift threw programs before you dig. I dunno about that.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: March 12, 2019 05:20PM
I’m relatively new at detecting 3 years and have owed 4 different detectors 1 was brand new my nox I see a lot of guys going to fast coil to high above the ground just not taking their time I’m no expert but I pull some serious silver and my first gold coin but I’m a slow and meticulous hunter and always circle a questionable signal and it pays off.
Just take your time get to know your machine a lot of the areas I hunt were hunted for years hard and they still produce sometimes with the nox or the Deus.

Posted by: stoneshirt
Date: March 24, 2019 01:04PM
Helloeverybody.
The Buddha realized that a man can have 40 Yrs. of experience,and only come to find, it was Delusional
stoneshirt...

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: March 29, 2019 08:23AM
Yes, a very experienced user with his $500.00 metal detector will dig a lot more good finds than a new user will with a $2500.00 machine.

As already mentioned - these days, way to much attention is being paid to owning the "next new greatest detector" - it's settings - what frequencies to run in, what coil to use, etc.

The formula for making great finds is simpler than most people realize -

(1) Operator skill level is critical - know your detector inside out by spending a lot of time in the field using it.
(2) Research is key - taking the time to do research will often lead you to sites that have not been hunted to death.
(3) Any good operator - even with a mid quality detector will make great find at these sites.

Good Hunting !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Deteknix Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login