Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Detech Detectors
Posted by: u2robert
Date: February 01, 2019 11:57PM
Has anyone used the Detech detectors I hear that they are deep seeking detectors without all the bells and whistles if you have used them or have info about them please let me know. Thank You

Re: Detech Detectors
Posted by: Mega
Date: February 02, 2019 05:05AM
They make tremendous coils,only have seen one Detech detector here in the UK being tested and that was about 4 years ago by a top UK detectorist who i wont mention,but never seen one since being used,this tells me everything because if they had been any good the UK detectorists would be using them but alas that is not the case,not a single user in all these years.

But i do see Detech coils being used all the time,they may be a 'ok' detector but just the fact that no one uses them not a single one tells me all that i need,so i wont be buying one.

Detecting is normally 89% frustration due to trash/iron, 5% I wonder what it is, 3% nice coinage/artefact, 2% wow that’s worth something and 1% YIPPEE it’s a find of a lifetime.

It’s a case of take it slow and easy and something will turn up one day.

Posted by: dan h
Date: February 02, 2019 10:20AM
I had the Chaser for 1 year, traded it in for an Equinox 600. Partly motivated by desire to get back to multifrequency (had Etrac in the past) and partly because trade in value of metal detectors was plummeting so it was time to sell before trade in value diminished even more. It was a very hot and simple detector (no tone breaks or notches). Owner's manual was not helpful. Seemed to imply tracking and not fixed GB in programs. If changed tones, e.g. from single to multi tones, it reset the detector. Not a mistake to buy one but nothing about it made it imperative to acquire one.

Robert...are you talking about DeepTech metal detectors ?
Posted by: therover
Date: February 02, 2019 10:36AM
DeepTech is a metal detector company. I believe Detech is a coil company (unless they make detectors too).

If you are inquiring about DeepTech units, there is a forum dedicated to them.

They are great units.

Re: Robert...are you talking about DeepTech metal detectors ?
Date: February 02, 2019 04:06PM
Therover that is correct they make coils, SEF & Excelerator & Detech coils they also make some detectors the Chaser, EDS/Winner 2 (6" & 9" SEF coils) , and the Evolution which comes with 3 SEF coils 6", 9" and 12" these detectors are pretty much turn on and go detectors (winner 2 & Evolution) but to my pleasant surprise they are deep in my test garden the Winner 2 with the 6" coil will hit on a 12" quarter with no problem.

Robert...thanks for that info.Never knew they made detectors too.N/T
Posted by: therover
Date: February 02, 2019 09:54PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Date: February 03, 2019 12:51PM
Mega
They make tremendous coils,only have seen one Detech detector here in the UK being tested and that was about 4 years ago by a top UK detectorist who i wont mention,but never seen one since being used,this tells me everything because if they had been any good the UK detectorists would be using them but alas that is not the case,not a single user in all these years.

But i do see Detech coils being used all the time,they may be a 'ok' detector but just the fact that no one uses them not a single one tells me all that i need,so i wont be buying one.

Well know that I know people in the UK are not using them I will just throw it in the trash, god knows that the people in the UK are the leaders in Detector technology and usage.

Posted by: Kraemer
Date: February 04, 2019 03:25PM
Richard at Backwoods is the only dealer in the US. If you like a beep and dig machine I think they are one of the best available.

Posted by: Sven
Date: February 05, 2019 04:55PM
Kraemer
Richard at Backwoods is the only dealer in the US. If you like a beep and dig machine I think they are one of the best available.

Richard sells "DeepTech" brand unrelated to Detech.

DeepTech Vista X, and maybe a few others
Self built Mirage Pi --- works great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: Kraemer
Date: February 05, 2019 05:03PM
OOPS! My bad! Spelling never was my strongpoint! Still good detectors though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 05:05PM by Kraemer.

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: February 06, 2019 09:34AM
Richard sells both!

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: February 06, 2019 09:38AM
I have bought both from Richard Deep Tech Vista Smart + & Detech Chaser, both excellent detectors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login