Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Beach finds encrusted silver
Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 17, 2019 12:12PM
Well with the ground frozen here in Ct So with the super low tides it makes for great untapped hunting yesterday a friend and I hunted the beaches exposed flats he had a nice sterling band right away then I got a low tone about 10” down wow sounds like gold it is a small ring gold in color so I’ll have to test it..
Then a small skeleton key it’s brass.
I was hunting near a old exposed rock jetty and had two high tones turned out to be two encrusted silvers a 1946 Rosie and a 1942 Washington not bad and a few sinkers and a couple bucks in clad cant let the frozen ground put a damper on hunting!
HH

Re: Beach finds encrusted silverN/T
Date: February 17, 2019 12:13PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Beach finds encrusted silver
Posted by: MassSaltH2O
Date: February 18, 2019 07:57AM
Mkus
Well with the ground frozen here in Ct So with the super low tides it makes for great untapped hunting yesterday a friend and I hunted the beaches exposed flats he had a nice sterling band right away then I got a low tone about 10” down wow sounds like gold it is a small ring gold in color so I’ll have to test it..
Then a small skeleton key it’s brass.
I was hunting near a old exposed rock jetty and had two high tones turned out to be two encrusted silvers a 1946 Rosie and a 1942 Washington not bad and a few sinkers and a couple bucks in clad cant let the frozen ground put a damper on hunting!
HH

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to us snow bound folks. Funny, snowing now, as a matter of fact.

Posted by: thump7
Date: February 20, 2019 08:21AM
Thanks for sharing, snow-bound here as well.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: February 20, 2019 11:57AM
I like it when silver turns black. Nice finds !

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: February 20, 2019 02:21PM
I never get tired of beach-kissed blackened silver :)

Date: February 21, 2019 12:34PM
Thanks yeah the ground here is frozen so off to the exposed river banks and sand bars they always produce for me
I know when I see the encrusted goin come up it’s a silver !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login