Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
My gut tells me I made a bad choice
Posted by: pharmon
Date: February 19, 2019 08:24PM
Came across this Ultra Garrett 350 for cheap had not metal detect it for years did not know there were so many out there anybody know whether this thing will pick up gold silver or what I'm getting a lot of chatter don't know anything about it help please

Re: My gut tells me I made a bad choice
Posted by: thump7
Date: February 19, 2019 10:50PM
No replies yet, so I'll try...
I have a friend that used an ace250 for a number of years, he liked it and did well with it.
Is it only inside the house that it chatters?
Coil cable is tightened up?
Have you tried turning the sensitivity down?

Posted by: slingshot
Date: February 20, 2019 08:08AM
pharmon
Came across this Ultra Garrett 350 for cheap had not metal detect it for years did not know there were so many out there anybody know whether this thing will pick up gold silver or what I'm getting a lot of chatter don't know anything about it help please
Well the first question can be answered by simply running a small gold ring under the coil. Searchwise, I kept mine at first one or two discrimination icons-iron-seemed to have better depth. Now the chatter-if at lower sensitivity levels- worries me. It could be a coil or water as from using it in the rain. Good luck.

Posted by: Freebird77
Date: February 24, 2019 03:46PM
Are you using it around power lines? If so, that'll make almost any machine chatter. If you're trying it in the house, all of the electrical wiring and electronics can make it chatter.

Posted by: Dancer
Date: February 27, 2019 05:56AM
Well you could send it to Garrett for a overhaul. Their very reasonable. Or contact a sponsor about a machine more fitting with your needs / wallet.
What have you decided s o far?

Posted by: Marcus Detectus
Date: March 15, 2019 07:45PM
Have you tried to fin a PDF of the original owners manual on line. Our landlord replaced our stove with a good (used) glass top style with all the bells and whistles so I found the manual and loaded to my hard drive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login