Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Happy spring
Posted by: MassSaltH2O
Date: March 10, 2019 10:14AM
Greetings ya'all. I'm in the Boston area. The spring thaw just came in yesterday. (March came in like a lion this year). So I am pretty psyched. There is still plenty of snow around, but most of the snow should be gone later this week.
I'm looking forward to going to Hampton Beach with my Equinox 800. Happy detecting to you all. :beers:

Re: Happy spring
Posted by: still looking 52
Date: March 10, 2019 12:36PM
Spring has definitely sprung here in good old WV, the snow is all gone, the ground has thawed, put a brand new set of batteries in my old F5, set my clock ahead for day light savings time plus we've got a pretty good spot planned to hunt that has produced some silver.

Date: March 10, 2019 05:46PM
still looking 52
Spring has definitely sprung here in good old WV, the snow is all gone, the ground has thawed, put a brand new set of batteries in my old F5, set my clock ahead for day light savings time plus we've got a pretty good spot planned to hunt that has produced some silver.

Yeah, the weather should be pretty nice in WV. Maybe kinda muddy... Best wishes to you all. Have fun!

Posted by: Mkus
Date: March 11, 2019 12:52PM
In Ct but I've been hunting all winter snow does not stop me I go out at low tide or beach got my first sapphire diamond 14k ring on the beach last month!
Heading out to a old park in a bit!

Date: March 11, 2019 03:51PM
Mkus
In Ct but I've been hunting all winter snow does not stop me I go out at low tide or beach got my first sapphire diamond 14k ring on the beach last month!
Heading out to a old park in a bit!

I know, you rock! Congratulations again on that ring. Sounds beautiful! You sure earned it, hunting all winter in CT!

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: March 11, 2019 06:35PM
Looking at the weather forecast it appears that mother nature might just have one more slap for you. She slapped us down this way with temps just above freezing.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Date: March 12, 2019 08:27AM
Got a SLQ yesterday and a few wheats at this park near my house!

Date: March 12, 2019 08:35AM
Nice day out yesterday only got one silver a dateless SLQ! and some clad and a few wheats but 50 degrees never felt so good!
The big piles of coins is from a hunt two Friday’s ago park near me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 08:37AM by Mkus.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: March 12, 2019 08:57AM
Nice finds. That twisted wire ring could be silver. I found one just like that on the beach last year and though it has no markings, the detectors identify it in the silver range. I've seen some online jewelry makers that have rings just like that in silver, gold and platinum.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: hank1
Date: March 12, 2019 10:10AM
NICE HUNT! I'd love to find a park that yielded that much silver!:drool:

MXT-950..6" EXEL, 6X10 ECLIPSE, 10X12 S.E.F., KILLER B'S.
EXPLORER SE
NEW JERSEY

Date: March 12, 2019 10:38AM
hank1
NICE HUNT! I'd love to find a park that yielded that much silver!:drool:
Thanks I started two years ago and found my first $5.00 1911 half eagle in this park
And it keeps on giving and it was hunted to death in the 70’s and 80’s I never see anyone hunt it anymore except my friends and I
Here’s the eagle
Low and slow does it detecting and let the shovel discriminate!!
HH Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 10:39AM by Mkus.

Posted by: hank1
Date: March 15, 2019 12:47PM
That's a beauty Mark! Just remarkable for a well hunted park all those years. Glad for you!

MXT-950..6" EXEL, 6X10 ECLIPSE, 10X12 S.E.F., KILLER B'S.
EXPLORER SE
NEW JERSEY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login