Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
9V Battery question
Posted by: Kraemer
Date: April 14, 2019 03:42PM
I have a few Tesoro’s that operate on 9 volt batteries and I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced a leak with these batteries. Thinking back, I cannot recall ever seeing a 9V battery leak. Any experiences?

Re: 9V Battery question
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: April 15, 2019 08:56AM
They must be sealed pretty good. I have never seen one leak either, but I suppose it is possible.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: April 15, 2019 09:20AM
Kraemer
I have a few Tesoro’s that operate on 9 volt batteries and I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced a leak with these batteries. Thinking back, I cannot recall ever seeing a 9V battery leak. Any experiences?
Personally, I've never seen one leak either but I'd think they would have to over a long period.
My little brother (CZ5) is a battery expert, when he sees this post he'll give us complete low down on this issue.

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: April 15, 2019 10:00AM
Never seen my 9 volts leak but have had two or three AA's leak, caught them before any damage was done.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: April 16, 2019 01:14PM
I have never had one leak but they are alkaline batteries and subject to leakage as all alkaline batteries are.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Date: April 19, 2019 04:13PM
I just went and checked my 9v battery supply and one of them is bulging which to me indicates that it is going to start leaking.

Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Date: April 19, 2019 04:13PM
I just went and checked my 9v battery supply and one of them is bulging which to me indicates that it is going to start leaking.

Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login