Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Explorer SE VDI ?
Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: July 04, 2017 04:00PM
synthnut
I can hit everything in my test garden

Raise your coil off the ground until you can't :thumbup: lay one or two wood 2x6 over the coins and slide your coil across them for a consistent test distance. Explorers HATE a air/soil/target sandwich under the coil depth drops off fast with an air gap. They air test at crazy depth, WOT coil aimed at the horizon, wave a man's gold ring under it its insane the depth it will get in the air. But aim the coil at the ground, put soil in the mix depth drops off significantly on the same gold ring. Depending on the soil of course.

Re: Explorer SE VDI ?
Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: July 04, 2017 04:03PM
I have a test garden with targets ranging from 3 inches to 11 inches. The deeper targets are Out Of Reach depending on the setting so that is a good place for me to start, however the garden is only about six or eight months old so it hasn't completely gained the halo effect from a few seasons of being buried. Beyond that , my intent is to find Targets in the wild, and test with various machines and various settings before digging. The only way to know for sure is to dig the target ultimately, so it will be a hit and miss I'm sure. Usually, I am surprised by good targets rather than knowing that they are there so this will be an interesting test.
And of course all of that is subjective to the ground conditions that I have in my test Garden in my area which are different than every other person on this forum, except Charles and a few others that are strugglung with the PNW soil conditions as well. L

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login