Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Electrical interference
Posted by: Ted S
Date: May 16, 2018 04:10PM
I went out for an hour and a half today. I have permission to hunt an old house a block away. Usually I run my Explorer SE around 27 manual give or take. It was really chattering today and I settled on 19. There are power lines along the road and I blame those for the chatter. Being patient paid off as I found a half dozen coins in a small area. The best was a 1902 Indian head penny and the others were memorial cents a clad quarter and a clad dime. The coolest find was an old brass key with a fob from a long defunct jewelry store in Waverly Iowa. Wish I could post pics!

Re: Electrical interference
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 17, 2018 11:05PM
that's awesome Ted how deep was the Indian! congrats

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: May 18, 2018 09:16AM
Hunting near road in old field in evening...one billboard light turned on and Explorer went crazy.....used the noise cancel feature and ran smooth..
Might try this in different areas when hunting as it might help..

Date: May 18, 2018 11:50AM
The Indian was about 5". And I did use noise cancel. Going out this afternoon for a couple of hours to and old park that used to be a fairgrounds.:detecting:

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: May 21, 2018 12:28AM
Ted S
The Indian was about 5". And I did use noise cancel. Going out this afternoon for a couple of hours to and old park that used to be a fairgrounds.:detecting:

Awesome Ted, good luck at the fairgrounds keep us posted!

Date: May 21, 2018 06:46AM
Well...Good news and bad news. I struck out at the old fairgrounds. The ground was pretty dry and I don't like to dig when it is too dry. There were a lot of kids there so school must have got out early. I went to another small town and went to a park I last hunted in 1977. That park has been hit pretty hard. When I got there I noticed they scraped about 4" of topsoil off a patch about 12'x20'. The rest of the grass was quite tall and needs mowing. In that little strip I dug my second Indian head penny. It was a nice 1898. Also a 1920 wheat,1930 wheat and a 1936 wheat. There was a half dozen military 30-06 cases,too. So I did end the day on a positive note!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login