Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
#40 FTY! Chasing Washington!
Posted by: Ohio Dirt Fisher
Date: August 07, 2018 05:34PM
One of those signals you can either take or leave. Great tone, little bit of 27,28, 29 VID, and sometimes 6-31. Can barely pinpoint it with the SE Pro. Hot on the settings as well. 26 Sense, 10 Gain, 16 IM. 11" Pro Coil. Danced around it for a good 4 or 5 minutes before I had to make the call. First plug nothing, carrot couldn't find anything even digging deeper and around the hole. Filled it in and did the dance again. Dug a new spot just next to it and now I'm getting signal on the carrot. And again, out in the tailings pops a 51D Washington. I can only guess that it was completely on edge and at least 7" deep; and about 3" outside the cone of my original dig. This is the same place I found the 2 Mercs in last week! I could see how I may have missed it because there are nails and Iron slag all over the place. I even threw 2 pieces of slag in my junk pouch!

The day was only around 80, 81F but the humidity was thick and oppressive without any wind. And the mosquitoes followed me all the way back to the car. So about 2.5 hours out today, with the grocery list from the wife growing by the minute! :heh:

Hi Ken! Glad you read my posts!

GL & HH out there!

Ed

Re: #40 FTY! Chasing Washington!
Posted by: Ted S
Date: August 07, 2018 06:36PM
Well done Ed! We finally got some rain so as soon as I mow two lawns I can sneak a couple of hours of hunting in!

Posted by: Ohio Dirt Fisher
Date: August 07, 2018 09:23PM
Ted S
Well done Ed! We finally got some rain so as soon as I mow two lawns I can sneak a couple of hours of hunting in!

Ted, I hope you can get out. We had torrential rains most of the night last and some more this evening. Going to be a bear with the skeeters but dirt is easy to cut! Good Luck!

Ed

Posted by: BigTony
Date: August 08, 2018 08:17AM
Congratulations, Ed! That was one heck of a tough find for sure.
I know you were doing the happy dance after that Washington quarter saw daylight.

Very cool,

Tony

Posted by: DougF
Date: August 09, 2018 09:01AM
Good job, being persistant. In my favorite spot, that seems like the only silver left, ones with iron nearby. Too hot for me to detect, will wait until fall.

SE Pro since Aug. 2009, located in Maryland.

Posted by: JeffInMass
Date: August 09, 2018 07:13PM
More great work- nice job Ed!

-- Jeff --

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login