Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Ex 2 coil issues
Posted by: Steelhead
Date: August 13, 2018 04:01PM
Hello all, how do you know when you have a bad stock coil for the ex2? Thought I read someplace a while ago if you tap the wire a few inches above the coil connector and get feedback its toast? I have both 8 and 10" coils which work until they get wet. Then I get lots of falsing. I also have the sunray probe hooked up. Been a while since I've swung the loop but trying to get back into it. Also, any new coils I should be considering for the Ex2, opinions appreciated. HH

Re: Ex 2 coil issues
Posted by: BigTony
Date: August 14, 2018 09:23AM
Steel, I am pretty sure they are not waterproof. But probably should work after they dry out. Hopefully they will as mine did a long time ago. Lesson learned.

Isn’t the cable inside the shaft? How can you touch it five or six inches up?

I purchased the five inch and a 10 x 12, before others posted on the 13 inch ultimate. The 13 is light weight and goes deep as they report.

Tony

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: August 14, 2018 09:57AM
He can touch it 5 or 6 inches up because he has the X-1 installed.
BigTony
Steel, I am pretty sure they are not waterproof. But probably should work after they dry out. Hopefully they will as mine did a long time ago. Lesson learned.

Isn’t the cable inside the shaft? How can you touch it five or six inches up?

I purchased the five inch and a 10 x 12, before others posted on the 13 inch ultimate. The 13 is light weight and goes deep as they report.

Tony

Posted by: BigTony
Date: August 14, 2018 10:09AM
D&P-OR, thanks I never had one of those. When I went to purchase one they were so over priced because they stopped making them. Too bad they did, I hear they are terrific.

Posted by: Steelhead
Date: August 14, 2018 12:26PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes falsing doesn't start unless the coil gets wet, usually from dew as I dont water hunt with it bc I use a cz21 for that. It does chatter though if I tap the coil wire, but it hasn't stopped me from using it normally.
As for new coils I'm thinking about either the 11" pro or the 13"ultimate. I love this machine and hope it holds out a little longer but if I can increase some depth with a new coil it would be great.
Thanks again, HH.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login