Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Axes and hatchets
Posted by: bbqman
Date: March 06, 2019 04:45PM
I haven't pulled out the SE in a quite a while , but in the last week decided to try finding some old axes and hatchets because I like to refurbish them if they aren't truly valuable antiques. I am wondering if any of you SE users have any tips about the smart find location for targets like that. I have always been a coin shooter and stayed away from places where that kind of artifact lives or if i have detected one, I ignored the iron. Thanks in advance.

Randy in Texas
Explorer SE Pro
Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sunray Gold headphones
Lesche Digger
Predator Raven

Re: Axes and hatchets
Posted by: Darkflight
Date: March 08, 2019 11:47PM
I have found a few of them-but almost all were with a Tesoro. I have dug a lot less iron after using the Explorer a while. But I have found at max gain Iron becomes a lot more appealing and I'll get fooled a lot more by caps & small chunks.

Cut my teeth on beep / dig units & have a lot of relic items to show for it. And my U-max machines loved axes.

Re: Axes and hatchets
Posted by: bbqman
Date: March 09, 2019 09:40AM
Thanks for the reply, I'm playing around at home with all metal, I know I am going to dig a lot, but the old chopping tools are important to me right now and I am hoping someone will give me some readings in smart find. I have always been a coin guy too. Only one gold ring in all my 30+ years of detecting so you know I have been discriminating that side out.

Randy in Texas
Explorer SE Pro
Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sunray Gold headphones
Lesche Digger
Predator Raven

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login