Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Explorer SE coils
Posted by: Jeffrey D.
Date: April 11, 2019 09:39AM
Hi all,

Just recently purchased an Minelab Explorer SE with multiple coils. Question, when changing out coils, is there any settings that need to be changed on the Explorer SE, or is it swap out the coil and keep going?

Re: Explorer SE coils
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: April 11, 2019 11:08AM
Hi Jeff for me it has always been swap it out and no need to make any adjustments.

Posted by: Jeffrey D.
Date: April 11, 2019 01:26PM
Good deal Thanks!

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: April 11, 2019 06:37PM
Jeff...you already got the correct answer,I’ll just confirm it! Since the Explorers all run non-adjustable ground Tracking,there’s none of that that needs to be done. The tracking system is the best in the business. Slap on whatever coil you want and go! Keep in mind that generally sensitivity can be run higher with a smaller coil...generally.

Posted by: BigTony
Date: April 13, 2019 07:56AM
IDXmonster, I didn’t know that about ground tracking and Explorers.

Makes me wonder if I should turn it on in the NOX.

Tony NJ

Posted by: Hanoverdigging
Date: April 18, 2019 09:35AM
Adjust recovery speed to "fast" if you are in heavy trash or iron. Especially with the smaller coils.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: April 18, 2019 06:03PM
Hanoverdigging
Adjust recovery speed to "fast" if you are in heavy trash or iron. Especially with the smaller coils.

Ive seen the same. Some places are so heavily “carpeted” with trash that it’s all but impossible to use a slow recovery speed hoping to see deeper targets,there’s just too much interfering with the signal. Using Fast On,a smaller coil and working methodically from various angles usually makes something appear. As old as the tech is,they are NO slouch!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login