Findmall.com

Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sometimes the deal of a lifetime comes along
Posted by: Mikie
Date: October 31, 2018 10:20AM
And you just have to take it up... :smile:

A bit of a back story first.. This very good friend of mine has a wife who is now in the throes of Alzheimers..
She is a wonderful woman who has this vicious disease and her husband [my friend] can no longer care
for her here.. Thus he has had to sell his place and move to the lower mainland where there is better care.

However, this man had a PHd in hoarding; man did he ever.. So I , and others in the valley, took it upon ourselves
to help him move.. I spent the better part of three weeks every day helping him out..

He had a milling machine and a lathe that obviously could not be taken to an apartment.. and so he
offered to sell them to me.. I told him I already had a lathe and a mill.. I really did not need either..

But, he told me the price he wanted for them.. I said it was far too little ; but he insisted that he knew that
I would use and appreciate them.. They came with all the tooling and bits I could use and a whole cabinet
full of brass and aluminum stock

And so . for $2000.00 , I wound up with either a very expensive, albeit accurate, drill press; or another
milling machine, and the lathe.... The lathe is a Southbend [a very good brand] and it is metric [as well as being a little
smaller that my other lathe]. This will save me having to change gears in my larger lathe.

Calm seas

Micheal

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2018 10:21AM by Mikie.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sometimes the deal of a lifetime comes along Jpeg Attachments

Mikie159October 31, 2018 10:20AM

Wow, very nice Mike!!N/T

Cierlast15October 31, 2018 05:08PM

Wow. You did good.

Greg (E.Tn)24October 31, 2018 10:31AM

Awesome. He probably felt good about getting his prizes to someone who'd actually use and appreciate them... Sort of like not letting good food spoil in Fridge...N/T

Guvner20October 31, 2018 10:36AM

Re: Awesome. He probably felt good about getting his prizes to someone who'd actually use and appreciate them... Sort of like not letting good food spoil in Fridge...

hawgdawg26October 31, 2018 11:27AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login