Findmall.com

Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Magnetic North Pole has greatly accelerated it's movement, but what does it mean, and what can we do about it?
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: January 11, 2019 10:09AM
" The movement of the north magnetic pole has been the object of study since 1831. Initially, it was tracked moving into the Arctic Ocean at a rate of about 15km each year. But, since the mid 1990s, it has picked up speed.

It’s now shifting at a rate of about 55km a year. "

Another study says this has been going on for a 1000 years, and it's no biggie. :drinking:

Why is this even important? Because, " Earth’s magnetic field is what allows us to exist. It deflects harmful radiation. It keeps our water and atmosphere in place. "

So, what are the scientists studying this phenomena concerned about:

"" As [global warming[ opens up more shipping lanes to the north of Russia and Canada, this presents a potentially deadly problem.

The fact that the pole is going fast makes this region more prone to large errors,” says Arnaud Chulliat, a geomagnetist at the University of Colorado Boulder and NOAA." :confused:

That's what they're worried about--ship collisions????

Maybe I'm missing something. If I am, someone let me know. :drinking:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/earths-magnetic-pole-is-on-the-move-fast-and-we-dont-know-why/news-story/341c92307a6b19d25b38836c6097be9d

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Magnetic North Pole has greatly accelerated it's movement, but what does it mean, and what can we do about it?

Greg (E.Tn)301January 11, 2019 10:09AM

Re: Magnetic North Pole has greatly accelerated it's movement, but what does it mean, and what can we do about it?

bulletman54January 12, 2019 09:45AM

I read another article in which they said a fix had already been implement.

Greg (E.Tn)49January 12, 2019 10:36AM

Re: Magnetic North Pole has greatly accelerated it's movement, but what does it mean, and what can we do about it?

Steve O60January 11, 2019 02:30PM

could be we are getting ready to flip. That would be interesting. :drinking:N/T

Greg (E.Tn)46January 11, 2019 02:48PM

Ready for some EXTREME entertainment with a possible pole shift! How will the global warming idiots respond to such an event???? Their heads would certainly EXPLODE!!N/T

bulletman40January 12, 2019 05:09PM

One word... "Trump"...N/T

Guvner30January 12, 2019 06:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login