Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Rough draft of a letter I am writing to CNN
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: January 12, 2019 06:11PM
If you have anything to add, feel free to weigh in:

Dear Mr. Acosta;
Thank you for your recent news story in which you supported the President’s viewpoint regarding the effectiveness of a permanent barrier along the border with Mexico. I don’t think you intended the story to go that way, but that was the end result. Thanks to you, all Americans who viewed your segment now understand that a fixed, permanent barrier blocking problematic sections of the border IS an effective way to curb illegal immigration.

That being said, I continue to find your reporting, and the overall reporting news from CNN regarding the current debate on border security highly deceptive and misleading. For example, today (01/12/2019, I watched two different CNN segments—one regarding a Texas Sheriff who opined that a wall was not necessary, and another regarding the effectiveness of a permanent barrier on curbing drug smuggling. Both stories were misleading in that (1), the section of the border where the Texas Sheriff presided over already had a permanent natural barrier in the form of the Rio Grande River and a high cliff; and (2) the story regarding drug smuggling ignored the fact that an unknown amount of drugs are smuggled across the border in remote, weakly patrolled or defended areas.

That being said, it is crystal clear what you (CNN) are doing: you are going out and hunting stories that dispute the President’s views---and IGNORING those that agree with him. Like in San Diego.

So much for journalistic integrity. So much for truth.

CNN’s integrity is out the door. You might think that America doesn’t see this, but we do.

It is clear to me (and the general public) that CNN and yourself have no intention to reporting truth and fact. Instead, you are supporting a leftist political agenda, and by doing so, you are endangering the security of this nation, and the lives of American citizens. An emergency DOES exist at the US Border, and not only are you ignoring it, you are doing your best to hide its existence from the American people.

For example, Mexican Drug Cartels are currently operating in virtually every major American city. Atlanta, Georgia, where your home office is located, is well known as a distribution hub for the cartels. These same cartels also engage in human trafficking across the US/Mexican Border.

Secondly, the influx of undocumented, unvetted illegals who swarm across the US border every day include diseased individuals who pose a health hazard to American citizens, anonymous people who may have sizeable criminal histories and may be extremely violent, criminal gang members, and potential terrorists. All of these pose a serious threat to American lives and health, but CNN chooses to ignore it.

Recently, the US Border Patrol captured over 400 illegal immigrants in a single day, who had just crossed the US border. Several had entered Mexico from countries OTHER than Mexico, Central America, and South America. Some were from Pakistan, others from Romania. The mere fact that unvetted people whose identities are unverifiable are traveling to Mexico in order to infiltrate our country constitutes a serious threat that clearly rises to the definition of a National Emergency.

Oddly enough, you and CNN would rather spend your time trying to dupe Americans into believing there are no security issues regarding our border with Mexico.

In October 2018, A caravan of migrants from Honduras, numbering anywhere from 7000-15,000, forced their way across the Guatemalan border, then the Mexican border, with the intent of forcing themselves across the US border. This constitutes a National Emergency. Purportedly, a second caravan is currently in the progress or organizing from the same region. This constitutes a National Emergency as well.

Also in October, prior to the caravan leaving Honduras, the president of Guatemala announced that his officials had arrested and DEPORTED approximately 100 non-native, subjects described as potential terrorists, specifically ISIS. The terrorists had entered Guatemala, perhaps waiting to infiltrate the caravan as it moved north from Honduras to the US/Mexican border. If this is actually the case, a serious concern is that they would have had to KNOW of the existence of the caravan well before it was ready to leave.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6297869/Guatemalan-president-claims-caught-100-ISIS-operatives.html

Which brings up another serious question you and CNN see fit to ignore: who funded the caravan?

This news was reported by several different news entities, but it seems CNN chose to ignore it. Why?

If you and CNN had even a tiny amount of journalistic integrity you would be investigating these matters, and you would be truthfully apprising the American people about border security issues, instead of being deceptive and only reporting the portions of this issue that YOU want people to hear. In my opinion, it is wholly an intentional act, and politically motivated.

I suppose that explains why CNN continues to earn its reputation as the Fake News capital of American Journalism.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rough draft of a letter I am writing to CNN

Greg (E.Tn)266January 12, 2019 06:11PM

Could you fit

Cierlast79January 13, 2019 08:09AM

Now, that's funny!!!

bulletman47January 13, 2019 12:19PM

:lol:N/T

Cierlast41January 13, 2019 12:58PM

Re: Rough draft of a letter I am writing to CNNN/T

jim tn77January 12, 2019 06:18PM

Re: Rough draft of a letter I am writing to CNN

jim tn74January 12, 2019 06:20PM

Thank you. One thing I included is

Greg (E.Tn)119January 12, 2019 06:29PM

Re: Thank you. One thing I included is

hawgdawg52January 12, 2019 08:08PM

Thanks Hawgdawg, I might just do that.

Greg (E.Tn)70January 12, 2019 08:37PM

But, we have gotten this redirect.

Cierlast70January 13, 2019 12:57PM

Re: But, we have gotten this redirect.

Greg (E.Tn)67January 14, 2019 02:00PM

Re: But, we have gotten this redirect.

hawgdawg70January 14, 2019 03:01PM

maybe he should donate the money to a state border initiative.N/T

Greg (E.Tn)40January 14, 2019 08:42PM

Steve O82January 13, 2019 07:42AM

:thumbup:N/T

Greg (E.Tn)36January 13, 2019 07:46AM

calfrope81January 12, 2019 06:40PM

bulletman70January 13, 2019 07:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login