Findmall.com

Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A friend of mine said something the other day that worried me, and got me thinking:
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: February 05, 2019 10:21PM
So, I need some assurance from you guys that he's wrong.....

We were having coffee the other morning, and both of us were preaching to the choir, much like we do here, and he remarks about something completely asinine and so stupid it couldn't be for real (I can't remember what it was for the life of me). But it was real, whatever it was, and it was too stupid and crazy to be taken seriously.....

AND, we were both aghast that New York and now Virginia were moving towards post birth abortion, and how crazy that was, how immoral, etc., and the conversation went further along the lines, of how now America is the bad guy, Antifa goons and social justice warriors are the good guys, and everything just seemed backwards compared to when we grew up "back in the day."

So, I said, " Sometimes I think we've somehow entered a different dimension, or alternate reality, where everything's backwards. You know, like this isn't Earth we're living on now, it's like, "Opposite Earth", where bad is now good, stupid is smart, and treason trumps patriotism. Heck, all of a sudden, people don't know which door to use when they go in a business. I grew up knowing that you use the right door going in, and people coming out use the door on their right, but that's gone all to heck. And it all started just a few years ago."

He mused, " I know exactly what you mean, and matter of fact, now that I think about it, a lot of this backwards stuff started happening about when they flipped the switch on that Super Hadron Collider over in Switzerland. Could be we're in alternate universe and don't even know it."

He never cracked a smile. I know he was kidding, and that such things aren't possible, but sometimes I wonder. :drinking:

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A friend of mine said something the other day that worried me, and got me thinking:

Greg (E.Tn)236February 05, 2019 10:21PM

Re: A friend of mine said something the other day that worried me, and got me thinking:

olfart64February 06, 2019 07:23AM

Re: A friend of mine said something the other day that worried me, and got me thinking:

bulletman59February 05, 2019 10:58PM

Jim in Idaho39February 06, 2019 09:30AM

Jim in Idaho, thanks! I needed a shot of encouragement. :thumbup:N/T

Greg (E.Tn)26February 06, 2019 01:45PM

hawgdawg37February 06, 2019 09:49AM

calfrope57February 06, 2019 10:16AM

Yes Sir! My grandfather is a WW1 vet who fought in France. He is now rolling in his grave.N/T

bulletman40February 06, 2019 10:31AM

Don't get me wrong...I worry, too

Jim in Idaho34February 06, 2019 05:11PM

Jim, you get it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :usaflag:N/T

Greg (E.Tn)27February 06, 2019 09:12PM

Steve O67February 06, 2019 05:31AM

calfrope58February 06, 2019 07:55AM

Mikie57February 06, 2019 12:26PM

I think the Hadron Collider is a nightmare waiting to happen. They keep saying they know what it will do so that tells me there's no reason to run it at all unless the're lying which we all know they are...

Guvner58February 06, 2019 01:19AM

So, how do I take that, Guv?:biggrin:

Greg (E.Tn)52February 06, 2019 08:49AM

I'm going with great minds see the obvious... lolN/T

Guvner23February 06, 2019 05:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login