Findmall.com

Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
That works another way besides illegals voting....
Posted by: vlad
Date: March 10, 2019 11:54AM
if the illegals are counted in the census, then California gets apportioned more seats in the House (other states lose them) and this falsely gives the state
more reps under a situation where the democrats control the state-and republicans & conservatives do not have a chance.

From the Center For Immigration Studies:
Impact On Congressional Apportionment
Non-citizens Have Large Impact. Immigration has a significant effect on the distribution of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives for three reasons. First, seats are apportioned based on each state's total population relative to the rest of the country, including illegal aliens and other non-citizens. This, of course, is the issue at the center of Congresswomen Miller's proposal. Second, congress has chosen to allow in a large number of legal immigrants and to tolerate wide spread illegal immigration. After the 2000 Census, the average congressional district had roughly 650,000 people. Thus, the more than 18 million non-citizens in the 2000 Census were equal to nearly 29 congressional seats. The third reason is that non-citizens are not evenly distributed throughout the country. In 2000, half of all non-citizens lived in just three states and almost 70 percent live in just six states. States with a large non-citizen population will gain at the expense of states comprised mostly of citizens.

Impact of Non-Citizens on Apportionment. In a report entitled, "Remaking the Political Landscape: The Impact of Illegal and Legal Immigration on Congressional Apportionment," published by the Center for Immigration Studies in October of 2003, we calculated the impact of non-citizens on the distribution of seats in the House.5 Overall we found that the presence of non-citizens caused a total of nine seats to change hands. Indiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin each lost a seat that they had prior to the 2000 Census while Montana, Kentucky and Utah each failed to gain a seat they other wise would have gained, but for the presences non-citizens in other states. Of the nine seats redistributed by non-citizens, 6 went to California, while Texas, New York and Florida each gained a seat and New York retained a seat it otherwise would have lost. Analysis of this kind is very straightforward, involving a simple calculation of the apportionment of seats to states with non-citizens included and then without them. Other researchers have come to the same conclusion.
(Its heading for the Supreme Court--I hope before the next census; if something does not change, no more Republicans will be elected.) :nopity:

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

the Dems are really letting us know who they are. Did you see the vote on allowing illegals to vote passed in the house???N/T

Guvner165March 08, 2019 07:01PM

Re: the Dems are really letting us know who they are. Did you see the vote on allowing illegals to vote passed in the house???

Confetrit39March 12, 2019 06:27AM

Think about this. Had our borders been secured 25 years ago, we would have never had Hussein Obama!N/T

bulletman32March 13, 2019 08:52AM

Re: Think about this. Had our borders been secured 25 years ago, we would have never had Hussein Obama!

hawgdawg40March 13, 2019 03:20PM

I don’t want to say I told you so, but......

Greg (E.Tn)57March 08, 2019 08:41PM

That works another way besides illegals voting....

vlad50March 10, 2019 11:54AM

Its just a meaningless gesture to get $ from their loons. More interesting is the vote on anti semitism Jpeg Attachments

vlad60March 08, 2019 09:03PM

Great to see you back! I've been out for 3 weeks now, and now glad to be back!N/T

bulletman41March 09, 2019 07:56AM

Re: Great to see you back! I've been out for 3 weeks now, and now glad to be back!

hawgdawg47March 09, 2019 08:21AM

Re: Great to see you back! I've been out for 3 weeks now, and now glad to be back!

bulletman49March 09, 2019 08:36AM

hawgdawg50March 09, 2019 08:46AM

Still fighting the fight of his life. Never experienced taking care of someone so sick as he has been!!

bulletman55March 09, 2019 07:44PM

But if the country hasn't changed into dingbats with them it guarantees an endless GOP commercial during the next mid-terms...N/T

Guvner34March 08, 2019 10:00PM

It's a progressive attack on Judea/Christians. To them it's the same thing...

Guvner55March 08, 2019 10:09PM

You nailed it! And most people both liberal and the "so called conservative" will never see the truth til their heads are on the chopping block!N/T

bulletman40March 10, 2019 05:28PM

You must have missed that little truthful cartoon I posted a few days back... Jpeg Attachments

Guvner73March 08, 2019 10:06PM

Oh Yeah.N/T

Greg (E.Tn)33March 10, 2019 08:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login