Findmall.com

Minelab Excalibur & Sovereign Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Short hunt with the Sovereign today..
Posted by: fwcrawford
Date: June 08, 2019 08:45PM
It has been raining here on and off today, but looked like a lull in the weather later on this afternoon, so I decided to get out for a short hunt at a local school that I have been hitting quite a bit lately.
I did manage to get 3 wheat pennies dated in the 1950's along with some clad and got one signal and when I recovered it, it looked like some coins wrapped up in plastic or tape.
I did not open it up until I got home, but they were three zinc pennies wrapped up together.
OH well, it could have been a bottlecap or pulltab.
I was using the 8" coil today and this coil really impressed me with the depth.
Luckily, this area is not polluted with trash and iron and the ground is good allowing me to run sensitivity at about 1:00 or so and maintaining a steady threshold and running smooth too.

Re: Short hunt with the Sovereign today..
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: June 09, 2019 10:20AM
Nice short hunt. When I saw the E Pluribus Unum, I thought for sure you had something good wrapped together.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: Ron from Michigan
Date: June 09, 2019 09:15PM
Felix nice post, those 3 wheat pennies put you a lot closer to a silver find. Like those surprises. LOL the day of your hunt my wife was returning from Richmond but was on the tarmac in her plane for two plus hours and problems continued to her layover in Atlanta by the time she got to Detroit I spent hours at the Airport. Thanks For the post Ron

Minelab Sovereign and Equinox 600

Posted by: fwcrawford
Date: June 10, 2019 07:41AM
Ron.. this site has given up silver for me which is why I keep returning.
I like this site... very clean for a sports field and the ground is mild too
making for some relaxing Detecting.
Sounds like your wife had quite the ordeal... glad hear she is back home safe.

Posted by: Ron from Michigan
Date: June 10, 2019 04:18PM
Felix , worked out parks are the best places because of the known potential, HH Ron

Minelab Sovereign and Equinox 600

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login