Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Minelab Excalibur & Sovereign Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Well, my Sov XS is now ready for some serious hunting!
Posted by: gfatizzi
Date: June 27, 2019 08:17AM
Those of you who know me over the years know that I can't just let a Sov exist in it's original form without a few modifications and adjustments. Since I've had this baby first thing I did was take off the coil cover to clean any loose dirt or sand (there was NONE!) I then sealed the cover to the coil with white silicone caulk and also did around the coil wire entrance under the coil strain relief to waterproof it the best way I could. I don't plan on any full submersion anyway and will probably get a Tornado 10" or SEF 12X10 down the road for those duties. Next I rear mounted the control box as far back as I could get it. I then wired in the much needed remote all-metal switch in the trigger finger position. Lastly I switched out the sloppy plastic rod clips for metal ones. I'm done for now as I think I will just leave it on the stock rod because it balances out so well. I think the only things I may add is a velcro arm strap for the arm cup and maybe Ron's meter for some more precise park hunting. HH ALL! George

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, my Sov XS is now ready for some serious hunting! Jpeg Attachments

gfatizzi240June 27, 2019 08:17AM

Re: Well, my Sov XS is now ready for some serious hunting!

Ron from Michigan51June 29, 2019 06:07PM

Rick(ND)68June 27, 2019 01:03PM

gfatizzi51June 27, 2019 05:57PM