Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Compadre Mods
Posted by: shen13
Date: March 30, 2014 09:32AM
Can anyone help me find the pots needed for the compadre mods//
Iam looking for the 3 3/4 pot and also looking for the cable connectors for the coil mod
I know switchcraft has them but looking for others as well.
and info will be appreciated
thanks

Re: Compadre ModsN/T
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: May 29, 2014 06:15PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Compadre Mods
Date: June 03, 2014 09:18AM
Here is my modded Compadre.

Posted by: SC Dirt Fisher
Date: June 09, 2014 12:20PM
That looks really nice. I was wondering how you made the new faceplate. Is it just a Compadre faceplate with holes for the new pots? If so how did you label them so that they look like original.
Great Job!
Thanks!

Posted by: fishonwater
Date: June 09, 2014 10:42PM
Nice set up you got going. I have a Compadre I added a cable connector and a volume control knob, don't like headphones. I think I figured out the reason you put GB and Sens. pots on your machine was so when you switch coils you can adjust without going inside the control housing. If this is the case I may have to do mine too. I took the 8x9 coil off my golden and tested a little bit. Got a 8 inch round coil coming in Friday I will try, if I can't get a happy medium setting internally I will be trying to do your Mods. Anyway, nice set up and thanks for posting pics.

Date: June 10, 2014 07:44AM
The faceplate was done by a friend of mine..I will see if he saved the image and post it if he did,,Yes the external GB and SENS was added for different coil
changes..I am looking to get the 9x8 coil..I have a stock 8'' Compadre to compare to.I have now added a DISC1 and DISC2 to the Compadre (waiting on toggle switches to come in)I will be able to switch between 2 disc settings with a flip of the switch,.

Re: Compadre Mods 2
Date: June 10, 2014 07:45AM
The faceplate was done by a friend of mine..I will see if he saved the image and post it if he did,,Yes the external GB and SENS was added for different coil
changes..I am looking to get the 9x8 coil..I have a stock 8'' Compadre to compare to.I have now added a DISC1 and DISC2 to the Compadre (waiting on toggle switches to come in)I will be able to switch between 2 disc settings with a flip of the switch,.

Date: June 10, 2014 10:58AM
Date: July 04, 2014 06:21AM
added the second disc and 3 3/4 turn pot for GB..toggle under handle is to switch the disc's...

Date: July 04, 2014 06:21AM
added the second disc and 3 3/4 turn pot for GB..toggle under handle is to switch the disc's...

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: July 05, 2014 08:22AM
Just no threshold or dual frequency ? LOL:clapping:

Posted by: amcjavelin
Date: July 10, 2014 03:57PM
hey wanted to ask you guys did you gain any depth or what?

Posted by: cladcanada
Date: July 11, 2014 10:53AM
Nice

Posted by: machineman
Date: August 14, 2014 11:48PM
These are my compadres. 7" stock except ultralight streight shaft. About a pound lighter than original. 5.75 compadre in water proof case with 3 discs, sens, and volume. The switches on the outside of the box aer on/off and disc slector. One disc set to reject iron, one to reject everything under pulltab and one to reject pulltabs or zincons. Now if I get a hit in disc 1 ican switch to disc2 if its not there dig, if its there switch to 3. If its there dig, not there probably a tab. I just finished it so I dont know how well it works in the real world yet. Works great on air tests.

Posted by: machineman
Date: September 12, 2014 01:12AM
Modded my ultra light comp. I was selling the coils but decided to do this instead. Coil connector and sens pot. I am also wondering how do you ground balance a detector without a threshold? Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login