Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Driving the Xcal Piezo speakers from standard source - HELP?
Posted by: dmnz
Date: February 20, 2018 01:01PM
I picked up an Equinox 800 to test and it seems pretty decent. Wanting to try it in the water, and have some spare XCal headphones.

I can make the right plug to fit, uses a 3.5 stereo jack. I am assuming the equinox is setup to drive standard headphones.

To drive the piezoelectric speakers in the xcal phones, do you think we would need to add a 1k / 8ohm transformer into the cable line?

Direct there is basically no volume, if I wire direct and place a 100ohm resistor in parallel, I can get some volume, but very limited.

Or any other thoughts how to drive the xcal phones from a standard audio source?

Dale

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Driving the Xcal Piezo speakers from standard source - HELP?
Posted by: antigrav1117
Date: June 05, 2018 07:53AM
This is kinda interesting to me as my 800 is on order. I was wondering if I would be able to easily build my own Equinox U/W headphones- but this suggests the Equinox's audio output requires headphones with an audio transformer in them (like GG's?) to develop a decent audio signal in the headphones. I see instances of the Koss Yellows being touted as Nox U/W phones- but then if a xsfmr is needed that would made these very different from the xcal II phones.
Anybody?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login