Posted by: raider rich
Date: February 18, 2012 11:00PM
So what was your conclusion on the head to head tests. Thanks

Re: CZ21 test, compare with EZ
Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: February 22, 2012 01:24PM

RR
So what was your conclusion on the head to head tests. Thanks

Conclusion, the CZ20/21 is Deeper then the Excalibur..........

My opinion, The Excalibur has it places, and same with the CZ...Knowing ones machine, knowing the location and conditions, I think either is deadly with treasure and making the right choice on which to use where can mean how well one does. For me, the Bay, Lakes, calm waters I'll use the CZ20...the Ocean, wet sand, the Excalibur. There are still many unanswered questions that I need to know, hopefully we can line up again this fall, with a few more machines and more can be learned.

2018 .. Gold Rings ..0..........Silvers 0

Posted by: icurabeachguy
Date: June 24, 2012 07:55AM
synthnut
A lot of different detectors have problems IDing targets that are very deep ......The processor will get overwhelmed ....In these cases , the targets will give off a low tone .....The AT Pro will do the same thing when going for a deep target ....You will get a repeatable tone , but it iwll be the WRONG tone when a detector is reaching for DEEP targets .......When taking sand or dirt away enough to get within a distance that the detector can ID better and to it's ability , it will give the ACTUAL tone of the target .....So for example , if you are digging a target that is down over a foot and it gave you a LOW tone to begin with , and you get down a good 8 inches in what you are digging in , and you then get ANOTHER low tone , chances are that your target is iron .... I have done this wth a CZ and also with an AT Pro , and don't doubt the fact that you can also do it with other detectors .....JIm

I completely agree. I've used a CZ20/21 as my main machine for the past couple years (safe to say ~300 hours) and have got into the habit of sweeping a layer of sand off when I hear a low tone to re-sweep. Fact is, I've dug a couple of gold rings that registered as low tones at first and just was curious (lack of targets) enough to dig. Low and behold when I dug an inch or two off the top layer, I got a nice mid and gold ring several inches later. With the CZ, I've found that taking an inch or two off the top layer and re-sweeping is the most accurate way to know if the target is iron or not.

Low bounces with mids or highs are always a dig; heck, anything that isn't a solid low is a dig (Pt 950/Au 750 combo Cartier ring registered as a solid high and surprised me!).

Posted by: Coilfisher
Date: July 02, 2012 06:29AM
Can I ask how you mounted that Exaclibur to the shaft system you have now? (Seems much more ergonomical to a non-diver) :help:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login