Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coming back to the Mxt
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: November 28, 2017 07:28AM
I got away from the Mxt a while back and kinda missed it. I like the simple setup and made some good finds with my last one. Got one coming in on a trade deal from a sponsor. Has the stock and the 6x10 eclipse coils. Looking forward to using it again.

Nautilus 2b* Garrett At Max* Equinox 600* Lesche Piranah* Garrett ZLynk pinpointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2017 07:29AM by HanoverDigger.

Re: Coming back to the Mxt
Posted by: azdigger
Date: November 28, 2017 09:12AM
I have been looking at the new Equinox , but I am very very reluctant to give up my MXT....works great , easy to use and is spot on for ID.

Posted by: quicksilver
Date: December 07, 2017 09:45PM
HanoverDigger, weren't you using a mx sport for a little while?

Teknetics G2+, Whites MX7, Garrett A.T. Gold, Garrett A.T. Pro pointer, and a lot of determination.

Date: December 08, 2017 05:37AM
Yes I was. Got it for some possible water hunting but too many regulations just to go river detecting. I like trying different detectors anyway, so I traded it. I've always liked the Mxt and my brother still does well with his, so I decided to come on back.

Nautilus 2b* Garrett At Max* Equinox 600* Lesche Piranah* Garrett ZLynk pinpointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: December 09, 2017 02:13PM
Welcome back! It's pretty hard to beat the MXT. It's found some pretty awesome things for me and I wouldn't part with it. Nope, won't do it. Please keep us posted on your finds. I wish you the best of luck and H.H.. Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: John (Ma)
Date: December 14, 2017 08:16PM
I've tried few high end detectors and now have another MXT and Tejon. Both simple and as capable
As others

Coming back to the Mxt
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 03, 2018 07:13PM
azdigger
I have been looking at the new Equinox , but I am very very reluctant to give up my MXT....works great , easy to use and is spot on for ID.

Use both. It is nice to have a complementary detector.

Rich -

Posted by: mcb613
Date: January 14, 2018 02:08PM
Newly aquired set of MTX tracker E Series. Wanted to ask if it works well for CW sites, particularly Virginia soil? Appreciate any comments. Havent been on a CW site yet, but anticipation of luck finding someone to that will take me.
Thanks!

Date: January 14, 2018 04:18PM
The Mxt has proven itself here in my part of Va.... Hanover Co., Varina, Chesterfield, King William and others too many to mention. My personal best is very nice Georgia button, some nice coins, 1857 flying eagle cent, and some nice large cents, oldest 1827. Also LOTS of CW bullets. My brother's best is a Confederate Script I with CS on it (rare button), a few US plates, and of course bullets. A nice Va. Half Cent. I could go on but I guess you get the idea. Good luck hunting, Robert.

Coming Back To The MXT Forum -
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 24, 2018 08:34PM
And don't forget, coming back to the MXT means that you get to Hang Out on the MXT forum. A bonus. :thumbup:

Rich (Utah)

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: January 25, 2018 08:59AM
I'm guilty too after Nancy wrangled away my MXT Pro from me some while back :) I missed that machine, so a MXT All Pro is headed my way. As stated above the MXT is easy to operate and performs well. Plus if taken care of, the MXT will last about a lifetime.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites MXT & M6

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: January 25, 2018 09:01AM
WELCOME BACK. The MXT is a very capable MD. I really like the MXT PRO. I have the 4x6 Eclipse Shooter coil, the 10' D2 search coil, and the 13' Ultimate search coil.

Date: January 25, 2018 10:17AM
Kevin Rose
WELCOME BACK. The MXT is a very capable MD. I really like the MXT PRO. I have the 4x6 Eclipse Shooter coil, the 10' D2 search coil, and the 13' Ultimate search coil.
I'm leaning towards the Detech Ultimate 13 coil for the Mxt. I've got one on the At Max and that thing is a killer coil! I can actually hear an underground pipeline at a spot I hunted last Sunday. And those pipes are buried DEEP!! I dug 8 CW bullets and a VERY small ball button in a spot gone over by me with several detectors and stock coil. The ultimate coil proved to be a deep seeker.

Posted by: padiggin
Date: January 25, 2018 07:03PM
Hey Hanover - what regulations are you speaking of? You can't detect in a river? Just curious. - Don

HanoverDigger
Yes I was. Got it for some possible water hunting but too many regulations just to go river detecting. I like trying different detectors anyway, so I traded it. I've always liked the Mxt and my brother still does well with his, so I decided to come on back.

Don

Reading, Pennsylvania

Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Date: January 26, 2018 05:50AM
padiggin
Hey Hanover - what regulations are you speaking of? You can't detect in a river? Just curious. - Don

I think it has something to do with the removal of historical artifacts in the state's waterways, creeks, rivers, etc. The disturbance of the silt or something. Just another regulation and ways to get revenue for the state. Lakes and beaches are ok to detect. They also wanted to know if it was for scuba diving or snorkeling. Cost is $50. I don't know if this is a yearly thing or just a one-time fee. I threw the application in the trash.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login