Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: IS THE MXT PRO OLD TECHNOLOGY TODAY ???
Posted by: mcmich
Date: September 22, 2018 05:24AM
I have been using an MXT for 10 years, never an issue with the machine. Bullet proof as mentioned above. Great machine. Always use relic mode, trigger forward, 2 tone iron grunt. Thing hits deep.
Well I went out and bought the Equinox 800. I am still learning the machine, I have about 10 hours on it so far. I must be old school because I find myself setting it up like my MXT. The 800 has as many as 50 tones. I just cant get used to all the noise, lol. My take so far is that I am still on the fence. I think the 800 separates a little better because of the recovery speed and multi-frequency but the depth I am not quite sure. This has an 11 inch coil and the MXT I use a the 6x10 eclipse or the stock 9 inch. So far the MXT isn't going anywhere. One of these days I am going to bring both out and really compare depth.

Re: IS THE MXT PRO OLD TECHNOLOGY TODAY ???
Posted by: sweeper60
Date: September 22, 2018 06:25AM
mcmich
I have been using an MXT for 10 years, never an issue with the machine. Bullet proof as mentioned above. Great machine. Always use relic mode, trigger forward, 2 tone iron grunt. Thing hits deep.
Well I went out and bought the Equinox 800. I am still learning the machine, I have about 10 hours on it so far. I must be old school because I find myself setting it up like my MXT. The 800 has as many as 50 tones. I just cant get used to all the noise, lol. My take so far is that I am still on the fence. I think the 800 separates a little better because of the recovery speed and multi-frequency but the depth I am not quite sure. This has an 11 inch coil and the MXT I use a the 6x10 eclipse or the stock 9 inch. So far the MXT isn't going anywhere. One of these days I am going to bring both out and really compare depth.

Of coarse if you want more depth from the MXT just change the coil, I am using a 14x10 and it is lighter or as light as the factory 10" but it has the depth of the 12" concentric +/-, Bottom line is no matter what machine they bring out It is never going to match the depth of the MXT because there are over 60 coils made for the MXT from 3" right up to 21", With newer machines they get phased out before anyone brings out enough coils to make it truly useful, where as the MXT has been around since 2002 so other companies have had plenty of time to market new coils to suit, I have coils from the 6x3 right up to the MXT Max 15" Concentric and the will go deeper than any 18"DD and it is extremely sensitive to Tiny Gold down to 0.03 grams on the surface and it will find larger items quite a few feet deep. So the MXT can blitz all new comers,

I think 50+ tones is a stupid concept, There are only 12 notes in a Chromatic scale and 88 on a Grand Piano, And there is not a person on the planet that could memorize 50 tones and what each one bleeps to even more so when other targets come up with the same tones, anything more than a dozen tone is asking for trouble, but seriously all we really need is 2 tones all we need is for the detector to tell us to dig Yes or No, High for yes and Low for no.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login