Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A fun little 1+1/2 hr. hunt
Posted by: dirt doctor
Date: June 22, 2018 12:07AM
I know I wont be having a chance to get out for a few days so I hit a spot that I've beaten to death for a few years with a lot of different detectors . They weren't that deep but they were surrounded by a lot of trash and I think a few might have been heavily slanted or on edge (another 62cents richer ):detecting: . The little car was an eyeball find but not easily seen unless you were right on top of it . Thanks for looking !

Re: A fun little 1+1/2 hr. hunt
Posted by: Nevada Prospector
Date: June 23, 2018 06:31AM
Good going, D.Dr. You didn't strike it rich but you got some exercise. The wife and I got out for a while on the river bank where I found $0.47 in clad. She found what I think was her first wheat penny, a 1955. We quit early when the kids started arriving. Before long there must have been at least 100 of them. Next time we will get there at sun up to give us more time before they get out of bed.
HH to all

Nevada Prospector in Oregon

Date: June 24, 2018 05:38PM
Thanks Nevada Prospector . Congrats to your wife on finding her first wheat and to you for having a wife who likes detecting .:twodetecting::thumbup:

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: June 25, 2018 06:34AM
Good going Dirt Docter. Any time you can get out and detect, is a good time. Yes, you're $.64 richer. Thank you for sharing your finds with us. It's been too blasted hot to get out here in Illinois. If it's not hot and humid, it's been raining. :ranting:

Nevada Prospector, Congrats to your wife and her first wheat cent. Hope that's the start of many more to come and silver coins too.

Happy Hunting to all!

Posted by: vito
Date: June 26, 2018 01:17PM
That's a nice haul for one and a half hour, dirt doctor.
What coil did you use in the trash?

And yes, congrats to your wife on her first wheat, Nevada Prospector. Wow, a wife swinging a detector... lucky dog.

Happy Hunting and agreeable climate.

Date: June 26, 2018 02:47PM
vito
That's a nice haul for one and a half hour, dirt doctor.
What coil did you use in the trash?

And yes, congrats to your wife on her first wheat, Nevada Prospector. Wow, a wife swinging a detector... lucky dog.

Happy Hunting and agreeable climate.

Thanks Vito , I was using the Detech 6X8 DD Butterfly coil . It works great on the MXT and the M6 . It will be my primary coil unless I hit the beach where I will use the stock 950 concentric . Happy Hunting and nice weather to you also .

Posted by: woody
Date: July 02, 2018 09:54AM
Nice finds. I love the little car.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login