Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Barracuda Detector
Posted by: Fjdigon
Date: May 02, 2012 09:41PM
I just received by Barracuda and it is in excellent condition and it still has the factory seals. I have heard that this is a very good machine even for its age. If anyone has any pointer's or recommendations in using this detector please post. I found out that they made also an optional 11 and 16 inch coil if anyone as one of them and wants to sell it please let me know.

Re: Barracuda Detector
Posted by: Tony
Date: May 03, 2012 12:00AM
Nice detector !

Where did you manage to source it from?

Tony.

Date: May 03, 2012 07:02AM
I bought the unit from a very nice seller who had the unit for many years and barely used it. The coil is like brand new with barely any scratches. Everything on the unit is original. I will be using the unit next week at the beach.
Frank

Posted by: cjc
Date: May 03, 2012 09:38AM
Jim Pugh in Biloxi made an awesome detector back then, even by today's standards. It recharges, never has to be opened in smooth running and has great audio. The faint range is also very good once you learn what to listen for (think of a clock ticking). You can run it with a faint T/H or loud but it will also be more sensitive to iron that way. Adding a tiny bit of Delay will smooth it out and not loose that much depth on gold.
Here's a picture of mine--modded by Jim himself (momentarily inbetween hunts and gold dredging) with a SMPI Pro coil.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Date: May 03, 2012 01:17PM
Clive thanks for the info you books are awsome!!!!!! and I learning alot from them!!!
Frank

Posted by: Tony
Date: May 03, 2012 08:32PM
Good luck with the detector....I'm sure you will find plenty of gold with it.

tony.

Posted by: kt315
Date: February 17, 2018 07:30AM
guys
i need pics of the board of both side if you have revision D board. only pics.

thanking in advance

Posted by: Mikecuda
Date: March 11, 2018 10:51AM
Hi Mr. Fjdigon,
I'm building in Barracuda and I do not know what kind of coil you use. I'm interested in the 8 "reel. Can you please send me a copy of the manual?

Thank you
Most regards

Date: February 05, 2019 09:15PM
Mike did I ever respond to you? Best Frank

Posted by: jn964
Date: March 06, 2019 04:52PM
Tony,
I have one I just repaired and got it working. Does yours have an LED and when does it come on, at pwr up or when you detect a target? Also, looking for manual PDF. If possible can you email me a copy. I tried getting guys to help on Technology forum, but they were to busy fighting. Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login