Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
So, Are you kidding me ?
Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 06, 2017 06:40AM
Coming back from a beach hunt. Guy was waiting for me at the boot wash. Kinda stressed out. Asked me to try to find his gold wedding band. So ok. Takes me about 300 yards down the beach. " Think around here". Pretty large area. Guys kinda foggy about where to start. Started hunting, his pal shows up. Says , Found your sock and wallet about 20 yards down.
So I'm looking at this guy. " What was you drinking last night? Answer, Everything! This is starting to feel like mission impossible.
Than, while hunting I look up , this guy is wading out toward the sand bar. He comes back, says " I think it must be out there." I had to go out there cause my wife was in trouble." Soooo , I'm between being amused & ticked off. Told the guy, " Look tell the office about your ring. If I find it in the next 3 months we will get it back to ya. Then I headed for the barn. I talked to this guy's wife next day, nice couple, just got carried away on their anniversary.

Re: So, Are you kidding me ?
Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 09, 2017 04:50AM
Ha...... i get that a lot when its not initially found. Well .....maybe it was.... lol. So at that point ....... call ring finders.... or put it on CL. I always want to help...... but fact is a lot of times they just dont know and are guessing. You feel bad .....but not a lot you can do sometimes but give it a shot and keep that one in your book to look for at a later date like you did. GL

Dew

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: December 10, 2017 12:39PM
I don't think that most folks have any idea where they lost an item. They only know where they discovered it missing. Some do know as they either felt or saw the item leave their hand but that may be the exception.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 10, 2017 04:17PM
GeorgeinSC
I don't think that most folks have any idea where they lost an item. They only know where they discovered it missing. Some do know as they either felt or saw the item leave their hand but that may be the exception.

Yep, George. Found A class ring few years ago. Girl thought she lost it 20miles away at a different ball field. Had been lost 8 years.

Posted by: fongu
Date: December 21, 2017 04:58PM
Drinking sure interferes with thinking. Nice of you to try and help them, tho.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login