Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Probably my best find
Posted by: Sanderling
Date: December 06, 2017 08:42AM
Not the most expensive find, but an awesome piece of antique jewelry. There is a small mine cut diamond in the center dating to the late 1800s according to my jeweler friend. There are two small emeralds on either side. It is sterling silver and estimated to be about 100 years old. It was fairly shallow in the dry sand and had no corrosion and was intact, so I think it was a recent drop. Probably someones heirloom piece and figured that they would be sick about losing it. Called the local paper lost and found as well as the sheriff who enforces this beach. No reports of a lost bracelet.

Re: Probably my best find
Posted by: pan4au
Date: December 06, 2017 09:23AM
Quite a unique bracelet.. Congrats on the find.. maybe the owner will report it lost and it can be returned

Tn. TH'er
Minelab E-trac
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Tesoro Cibola Gound balance modded
Garrett Pro Pointer II
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: December 06, 2017 01:11PM
Very intricate craftsmanship. ... nice find...

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: December 06, 2017 09:53PM
That is Beautiful! Very Nice Save!! Saltwater beach or fresh water beach? I've found some very clean sterling at fresh water beach's that have been closed for 60 years.
But silver n sterling does not do well in the saltwater here :cry:

2018 .. Gold Rings ..0..........Silvers 0

Posted by: Sanderling
Date: December 07, 2017 09:06AM
Yes it is very intricate Bootyhound. I think they call it a lace pattern. The bracelet was found on a saltwater beach OldBeechNut. One of the reasons that I thought it was a relatively fresh drop was that it was intact with no corrosion. I cleaned it up a little and had the jeweler friend fix the clasp which is why it was lost in the first place.

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: December 07, 2017 10:48AM
Stunning piece for sure, kudos on a great find-John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login