Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Back in mid October, sgoss66 posted about how
Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 10, 2017 08:48AM
Tough the beach hunting was on Florida 's Gulf Coast. I just got down on the Gulf on December first for my 7th season. 66 is right, its not just tough it's darn near useless. I hear it's due to that big blow they had down here. Storm pushed up a enormous amount of sand over the beaches. Some places had to have sand removed. I mean the word is Buried.
On the other hand , got to remember the people who lost everything, some even their lives.
Anyway the next good find could be just one swing away.

Re: Back in mid October, sgoss66 posted about how
Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 13, 2017 05:35AM
This may well be the season to DRY/WET sand hunt. Snow birds are hear, but im not seeing as many people on the beach and certainly not in the water this year. Yes the storm moved a lot of sand off the top of that outer sand bar....... but its just kept moving it.... and thats all correlated worthless sand with nothing in it. Now we have such a build up the waves arent breaking near shore..... so no cuts. Just have to watch the wind shifts and hunt the N. or S. ends accordingly....... hoping to find an area that might be cutting that outer trough. Lot of new faces in the water....... most with the mumbles right now.

Dew

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login