Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
On the Beach-- Guy comes up and states
Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 28, 2017 06:55AM
"I got one of them". Yeah, where is it ? Weakly, he says , it's home, I forgot it. Really !
Woman watched me scoop a Stainless ring from wet sand. You going to get it back to the owner? Yep, his name is inside. Know
anyone named Tungston? She walked off.
You all heard----- What are you looking for? And number one, What's your best find?
All this usually takes place while trying to beat a incoming tide.
Happened once to me, couple years ago. I'm hunting chest deep. So someone on shore, wants to know what I'm doing. I shake my head, fake not able to hear him. Now he wants me to come ashore to talk. It was chilly. I took off my headphones, said you better come out here, can't hear you. He's gone.
Most people with questions, I advise to check things out on- line. From better qualified people.

Re: On the Beach-- Guy comes up and states
Posted by: mike k.
Date: December 28, 2017 07:55AM
Sometimes I wear my t- shirt that has M.Y.O.B . in large letters on it . This helps , but usually I pretend I dont hear them . - mike

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: December 28, 2017 09:45AM
Had a lady ask me why I did not give rings back to the owners. that was after I told her that I checked all lost and founds in my area. I then told her to take her wedding band off her finger. She did and I then asked her to tell me what phone number she had engraved in the ring. Then I asked her to tell me the address she had engraved in the ring. Since she did not have either of those engraved In the ring I asked how did she think I would be able to return her ring to her. I told her it might be three or more years before I would find her ring. She just shook her head and walked off.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: December 28, 2017 03:09PM
I don't like the people that follow you around. I'm usually polite (maybe that's my weakness!) and after saying something like "I'm gonna get going now" or "If you stay close to the metal detector, it'll make you sterile"lol I'll walk away and there they are at the next target. Usually kid's will do this but there have been adults do this as well.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: December 28, 2017 04:10PM
Trailer trash kids are the worst. Drunken parents aren't watching and their spawn are basically a step away from being feral.
My method of ditching them is to fake a signal in the swash zone, scoop some sand, then state, "well theres a gold ring or pulltab down there but its too deep for me to get it with my scoop". Never had one follow me down the beach yet after that ploy.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 29, 2017 04:12AM
Beautiful girls in bikinis........ absolutely the worst...... you start a conversation with one of those and your day is shot.

Dew

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: December 29, 2017 01:14PM
My question is that since I am an OLD Man (almost 77) why when one of those young beauties in their bikini that hides very little do they immediately upon walking up to me do they adjust their Bikini top. I am too old for them to be trying to impress. But I will admit that I enjoy the view.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: mike k.
Date: December 29, 2017 07:50PM
Sometimes I tell them ,Im looking for a bomb - this is a mine detector .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login