Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Shoes To Wear MD'ing At The Beach
Posted by: 2DZTHDAY
Date: July 31, 2018 09:48PM
I'm looking for light footwear to use while detecting on the beach for use both in the water and on the sand. Something that will keep the sand out! Any suggestions?
Thank you...

Re: Shoes To Wear MD'ing At The Beach
Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: July 31, 2018 10:07PM
Keeping sand out is a big request specially if your hunting ruff surf. After 5 years of trying myself, I never found any. I do hunt a different area now and that is not a problem anymore. All I can recommend is get Hard sole boots and wear a neoprene sox..

Posted by: ColonelDan
Date: August 01, 2018 06:57AM
Virtually all my hunting is at the beach and I've been doing it for a number of years. If there is anything I've learned about footwear in that environment is this...I was never able to keep all the sand out of my shoes unless the top of some yet unknown shoe was so tight around my leg that it cut off the circulation! :wink:

Sand will find its way in...the problem is that once it's in, there's no way for it to get out of such shoes as dive boots . I long ago decided to stop fighting that battle and looked for a pair of beach/water shoes that would provide the sand a way out and something that would be much easier to care for than dive boots...which always smell after a long day at the beach. I started using Crocs and never looked back. They allow the sand to flush out and when I get home, all I do is rinse them off and they're ready to go again immediately....no muss, no fuss.

Works for me....your mileage may vary.

Posted by: rc2125
Date: August 01, 2018 12:07PM
Certain surf booties are the best option i've found. I'm not able to try some of the potentially best ones, due to most stopping at size 13 and needing 14's (some 13 split toes will fit). Hyperflex Amp 3mm's lasted several years, rarely let any sand in. O'neill superfreak 2mm low's are what i use the most now. The surf booties conform to your feet like a glove and work so much better than like dive booties or wet shoes etc and you can swim without them filling up with water and/or falling off.

Posted by: tvr
Date: August 01, 2018 01:22PM
As mentioned previously, I haven't found anything that keeps all the sand out either. I like the NRS ATB Wetshoe because they give me some arch support, have a hard bottom to protect from glass and other sharp objects and have held up pretty well. They keep out a lot of sand, but don't keep it all out. I wear them with socks. I don't think they are available in the largest sizes; you would have to look for size availability.

Posted by: Piedmontartifacts
Date: August 01, 2018 01:32PM
I do a lot of creek and river hunting, not a beach but I wear scuba diving boots and sand and pebbles are not a problem anymore . The do fit tight around my leg.

Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75LTD—F75+—GB2—f19
Keene 3” Ultra Dredge—A52

Posted by: budster
Date: August 01, 2018 05:01PM
I like Crocs. If they get sand it will wash out thru the holes.

Posted by: Terra1959
Date: August 02, 2018 12:15AM
Me too, wetsuit dive booties ...neoprene with a plastic zipper and a semi hard sole keep all sand out.
You can also get soft sole and hard sole.
Fairly cheap and just rinse them out after a hunt.

downunder ... South Australia.

X-Terra70, E-Trac, Excalibur II, CTX3030, Equinox 800

Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro pointer., SITO scoop

Posted by: pan4au
Date: August 02, 2018 06:41AM
I've been using some Frogg Toggs that I got at Academy Sports + Outdoors. I went there to find some with the front zipper, for easy on,. They had these neoprene wading boots reduced from $49.99 to $18.46. I like these both in and out of the water at the fresh water beach that I've been detecting..

Tn. TH'er
Nox 800
Minelab E-trac..
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Minelab Pro-Find 35
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: August 02, 2018 01:44PM
Posted by: controlfreq
Date: August 03, 2018 02:07PM
I lucked out and found a pair of high top dive booties in the 1/2 price bin at the SCUBA store a few years ago. These have heavy soles and I jokingly call them my all terrain dive booties. Soles are actually too thick to fit my fins but are great for anything that has a lot of wading. I've found that wearing cotton socks inside the neoprene booties aids in foot comfort...

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the essence of canephora and arabica that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Garrett ProPointer
Scubatector
Tesoro Stingray II
a really long handled shovel...

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: August 03, 2018 03:39PM
2DZTHDAY
I'm looking for light footwear to use while detecting on the beach for use both in the water and on the sand. Something that will keep the sand out! Any suggestions?
Thank you...

Have you figured out that dive boots are the best option? Make sure you get the boots with rubber shoe soles and not "water socks" that are basically just neoprene socks, you'll wear those out in no time at all.

I use dive booties when in or near the water. Decent protection from glass and punctures, and made for water environment.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: August 03, 2018 04:39PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Dive socks for dive booties are also available.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: August 03, 2018 04:41PM
I like them. They make donning and doffing booties a lot easier, and give your feet some added protection from friction rub.

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: August 07, 2018 05:46PM
I prefer Mares hard bottoms that are 6.5mm. The scoop wont wear um like regular dive boots. Went thru a few pairs a year. Another reason i use the 6.5 mm is they dont smell like thinner ones and they can handle all the pulling and tugging. Zippers seem to be a higher quality too.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login