Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Shoes To Wear MD'ing At The Beach
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: August 08, 2018 06:02PM
dewcon4414
I prefer Mares hard bottoms that are 6.5mm. ...... Zippers seem to be a higher quality too.

I use the Mares too, but you post reminded me of something. For anyone new to dive boots with zips, HAVE PATIENCE. You WILL get sand in them but its not a problem. The sand will free itself if you work the zipper up and down a little while either underwater still or with water running over it. If you just walk out of the surf, across the beach to your car and try to unzip, you are going to have problems and trying to force them will break them.

Posted by: TinCanBeach
Date: August 17, 2018 10:36PM
I use the Mares too. Mine have the hard sole and you can walk everywhere with them.

Equinox 800 XP Deus Stealth 720i

been using Crocs for 10 years be sure
Posted by: treasurewize
Date: August 18, 2018 05:06AM
and get the ones with the holes on the side and toes you can just shake your foot under water and sand blows out!

Posted by: NY Beach
Date: August 19, 2018 08:50AM
Hard sole dive boots without a question - will last you years if well cared for...

Posted by: Stogger
Date: September 25, 2018 03:21PM
I use diving booties with the side zipper and thicker sole. This alone doesn't keep the sand out! To do this, I wear long jeans, fold the ends up, and strap them to my legs with bicycle pants velcro straps. So the bottom of my jeans fits snuggly around the tops of the diving booties. Works great!!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: September 25, 2018 05:01PM
I bought me a $5 pair of felt bottom dive boots at a flea market a few years back and they work fine for my limited use..the little bit of sand that gets in feels good but if you ever get a sharp piece of broken shell in there ,well that dont feel good at all. . Those high top mares look like they would do the trick but like previously mentioned there's no way to keep all the sand out...

Posted by: brissietex
Date: October 09, 2018 05:10AM
I wear me wellies or muck boots. :lmfao: Not the prettiest sight but they keep my feet (mostly) dry. I am looking into getting some better surf shoes/boots but for now the wellies will do.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 23, 2018 11:20AM
I wear L&L bean boots never get sand in tem and waterproof..

Posted by: Joias Do Mar
Date: November 28, 2018 10:58AM
Crocs are good and the sand in the water slides out easily
But the problem is when you walk back on the beach
And the sand gets on or through once again.
What do I do now ( I ask myself) ? Oh yes I bring with me two bottles of two liter bottles
Of water. I sit at the edge of my seat in the car and rinse them down
plus the little sand that’s get on your knees Problem solved. And oh yes by the way
When wearing crocs use the rubber strap on your heel or you will lose them.
If you keep your feet in the water they will not come off.
But if your feet float on top of the water, then yes the chances are
high that you will lose them.

Posted by: TinCanBeach
Date: December 09, 2018 04:11PM
The two types I wear.
First, Mares hard soled dive boots. These things are awesome. You can walk down to the surf and back and even ride a bike in them. A little hard to get on and off for these older shoulders.
https://www.amazon.com/Mares-Trilastic-Sneaker-Sole-Womens/dp/B000EZP4GQ/ref=asc_df_B000EZP4GQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167105300548&hvpos=1o16&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11889887170178023221&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031093&hvtargid=pla-315946522461&psc=1
Second, I just got these to try out. A pair of Merrell Alll Out Blaze Sieve water shoes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KZOCVWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Equinox 800 XP Deus Stealth 720i

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2018 04:16PM by TinCanBeach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login