Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ21 or ML Excalibur
Posted by: Tajue17
Date: August 27, 2018 11:14AM
Has anyone used both machines and wondering which one would you keep if neither one had a warranty,,, I have a excal lined up but curious about the cz because both used are about the same price point.

Re: CZ21 or ML Excalibur
Posted by: RichW
Date: August 27, 2018 11:36AM
Thats a tough call. I had a CZ for years, built like a tank. The thing I liked best about the Excal,... it hates bottle caps. I would probably take the CZ-21. I love the pin point feature.

Posted by: zigzag4
Date: August 27, 2018 03:29PM
That's easy. I've had both. Excalibur

Posted by: nomada68
Date: August 27, 2018 04:05PM
I have also had both machines and the Excalibur is deeper

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: August 28, 2018 04:24AM
I agree with zig-zag4 and nomada68: I'd prefer the Excalibur. I'm just not a fan of silent search CZ's. I much prefer a threshold hum. But .... that's just personal preference. Other people may like silent search.

Posted by: treasurewize
Date: August 28, 2018 05:12AM
iv owned both many times and hands down the Excal is the best the CZ21 would be my 2nd choice.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: August 28, 2018 08:47AM
Before purchasing a water proof machine I did a lot of research. Did a lot of reading on the forums. Finally decided on the Xcal. No regrets. Both are very good machines but I like the threshold on the Xcal. Is it perfect? NOPE! There are things that could be improved but it is a danged good machine.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: August 28, 2018 09:44AM
I think both are great machines in the right hands. I made the choice several years ago and went with the excalibur, sold both my cz20's, bought a CTX...had it for two years then sold it.

Good Luck!

2019.....Gold rings..114..Misc/gold 9.....Silver/Sterling 300

Posted by: Tajue17
Date: August 29, 2018 04:48PM
wow okay thank you everyone,,,, you might of noticed my other thread asking about the kruzer vs the mx sport well I bought the MX sport and also got a 13" ultimate coil for it..... the gentleman I bought the coil off also has a Excal available which I keep getting told is THE machine to get if I'm headed into the surf!!! I need to sleep on the spending money on another detector so soon but I think I'm going with it,,, guy will also meet me at the beach and show me how to use it which is pretty cool.

i'm married so I have to figure out how I can pull this off now,, thanks for the posts as always! T in Boston.....

Posted by: Terra1959
Date: August 30, 2018 01:30AM
Tajue17
wow okay thank you everyone,,,, you might of noticed my other thread asking about the kruzer vs the mx sport well I bought the MX sport and also got a 13" ultimate coil for it..... the gentleman I bought the coil off also has a Excal available which I keep getting told is THE machine to get if I'm headed into the surf!!! I need to sleep on the spending money on another detector so soon but I think I'm going with it,,, guy will also meet me at the beach and show me how to use it which is pretty cool.

i'm married so I have to figure out how I can pull this off now,, thanks for the posts as always! T in Boston.....

Hi there,
Me too- I suggest that you tell her that you will give her half of what you find.
My wife gets quite a bit of money each year.
She does not like detecting but is happy for me to go and do it ....it works for me :biggrin::ausflag:

He sounds like a good, genuine guy ready to meet you at the beach to show you the excal. :thumbup:

downunder ... South Australia.

X-Terra70, E-Trac, Excalibur II, CTX3030, Equinox 800

Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro pointer., SITO scoop

Posted by: glasartisan
Date: September 08, 2018 01:11AM
If you go outside the X-cal, why not entertain thoughts about getting a used Deus and outfit it for water use. Very sensitive on any size gold and will certainly get the small stuff over the X-cal and 21. One than can also use it for both land or water. Steve

Posted by: outdrfrk
Date: October 04, 2018 10:02PM
Which underwater detector finds the smallest finds such as ear rings . My AT Pro finds Small studs and ear ring backs. I out find my friend with the CTX.

Posted by: mike k.
Date: October 06, 2018 08:11AM
Had the cz and excal. Sold the cz just bought another excallibur 2 .Now I have 3 the excallibur sword the excalibur with blue headphones ( changed head phones on the 2 older machines to grayghost aqua headphones ) And I just bought an excallibur 2 . These outperform anything made , and last if you take care of them . Regardless what people say - they DO find small objects (if your hearing is good ) . My older excallibur has a huge wot coil , and I regularly find small objects like ear ring backs and small stud earings , even found a .177 lead pellet . I had to install a fine screen in my scoops for small objects . - mike

Posted by: lytle78
Date: October 06, 2018 08:23AM
Soon there will be a clear alternative - the new Fisher PI detector. More depth than either the CZ or Excalibur, decent Iron ID if you want it and likely priced reasonably.

Only problem, not here yet. When? — Nobody knows.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: October 06, 2018 09:29AM
Watching and Waiting for that Fisher PI.....The fact that Carl Moreland is involved I'm excited.

The gold is calling!

2019.....Gold rings..114..Misc/gold 9.....Silver/Sterling 300

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login