Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ21 or ML Excalibur
Posted by: Tajue17
Date: August 27, 2018 11:14AM
Has anyone used both machines and wondering which one would you keep if neither one had a warranty,,, I have a excal lined up but curious about the cz because both used are about the same price point.

Re: CZ21 or ML Excalibur
Posted by: RichW
Date: August 27, 2018 11:36AM
Thats a tough call. I had a CZ for years, built like a tank. The thing I liked best about the Excal,... it hates bottle caps. I would probably take the CZ-21. I love the pin point feature.

Posted by: zigzag4
Date: August 27, 2018 03:29PM
That's easy. I've had both. Excalibur

Posted by: nomada68
Date: August 27, 2018 04:05PM
I have also had both machines and the Excalibur is deeper

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: August 28, 2018 04:24AM
I agree with zig-zag4 and nomada68: I'd prefer the Excalibur. I'm just not a fan of silent search CZ's. I much prefer a threshold hum. But .... that's just personal preference. Other people may like silent search.

Posted by: treasurewize
Date: August 28, 2018 05:12AM
iv owned both many times and hands down the Excal is the best the CZ21 would be my 2nd choice.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: August 28, 2018 08:47AM
Before purchasing a water proof machine I did a lot of research. Did a lot of reading on the forums. Finally decided on the Xcal. No regrets. Both are very good machines but I like the threshold on the Xcal. Is it perfect? NOPE! There are things that could be improved but it is a danged good machine.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: August 28, 2018 09:44AM
I think both are great machines in the right hands. I made the choice several years ago and went with the excalibur, sold both my cz20's, bought a CTX...had it for two years then sold it.

Good Luck!

Posted by: Tajue17
Date: August 29, 2018 04:48PM
wow okay thank you everyone,,,, you might of noticed my other thread asking about the kruzer vs the mx sport well I bought the MX sport and also got a 13" ultimate coil for it..... the gentleman I bought the coil off also has a Excal available which I keep getting told is THE machine to get if I'm headed into the surf!!! I need to sleep on the spending money on another detector so soon but I think I'm going with it,,, guy will also meet me at the beach and show me how to use it which is pretty cool.

i'm married so I have to figure out how I can pull this off now,, thanks for the posts as always! T in Boston.....

Posted by: Terra1959
Date: August 30, 2018 01:30AM
Tajue17
wow okay thank you everyone,,,, you might of noticed my other thread asking about the kruzer vs the mx sport well I bought the MX sport and also got a 13" ultimate coil for it..... the gentleman I bought the coil off also has a Excal available which I keep getting told is THE machine to get if I'm headed into the surf!!! I need to sleep on the spending money on another detector so soon but I think I'm going with it,,, guy will also meet me at the beach and show me how to use it which is pretty cool.

i'm married so I have to figure out how I can pull this off now,, thanks for the posts as always! T in Boston.....

Hi there,
Me too- I suggest that you tell her that you will give her half of what you find.
My wife gets quite a bit of money each year.
She does not like detecting but is happy for me to go and do it ....it works for me :biggrin::ausflag:

He sounds like a good, genuine guy ready to meet you at the beach to show you the excal. :thumbup:

downunder ... South Australia.

X-Terra70, E-Trac, Excalibur II, CTX3030, Equinox 800

Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro pointer., SITO scoop

Posted by: glasartisan
Date: September 08, 2018 01:11AM
If you go outside the X-cal, why not entertain thoughts about getting a used Deus and outfit it for water use. Very sensitive on any size gold and will certainly get the small stuff over the X-cal and 21. One than can also use it for both land or water. Steve

Posted by: outdrfrk
Date: October 04, 2018 10:02PM
Which underwater detector finds the smallest finds such as ear rings . My AT Pro finds Small studs and ear ring backs. I out find my friend with the CTX.

Posted by: mike k.
Date: October 06, 2018 08:11AM
Had the cz and excal. Sold the cz just bought another excallibur 2 .Now I have 3 the excallibur sword the excalibur with blue headphones ( changed head phones on the 2 older machines to grayghost aqua headphones ) And I just bought an excallibur 2 . These outperform anything made , and last if you take care of them . Regardless what people say - they DO find small objects (if your hearing is good ) . My older excallibur has a huge wot coil , and I regularly find small objects like ear ring backs and small stud earings , even found a .177 lead pellet . I had to install a fine screen in my scoops for small objects . - mike

Posted by: lytle78
Date: October 06, 2018 08:23AM
Soon there will be a clear alternative - the new Fisher PI detector. More depth than either the CZ or Excalibur, decent Iron ID if you want it and likely priced reasonably.

Only problem, not here yet. When? — Nobody knows.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: October 06, 2018 09:29AM
Watching and Waiting for that Fisher PI.....The fact that Carl Moreland is involved I'm excited.

The gold is calling!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login