Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: A week and a half at the beach
Posted by: LE.JAG
Date: November 02, 2018 01:50PM
dewcon4414
Did i read this right........ the machine comes with a 12.5 coil .... you cant get smaller ones...say in the 9 or 10" range mono? you have to buy them separate? I hope that big coil is light and isnt connected on the BACK of the coil..... pain to hunt with IN the water other wise. Does it float out there?

Yes, 12.5 inches in series
it was decided that it was the most demanded version
there is more prospector at low tide / than in the water ...

the coils are full of resin / no flotabillity
The weight of the coil is not yet fixed / we have two type of resin in tests

and of course, there will be options coils
to adapt to any type of hunting

Fischer--Aquamanta // Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C // Nexus coronado // Vista Gold

( sorry for my english )

Congrats and WOW!!!!N/T
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: November 02, 2018 06:42PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: November 03, 2018 06:36AM
That maybe great for wet sand....... well except in the oatmeal where you cant PP well .... then its work. But in the water...... its an added cost id have to make for a smaller coil. You know that 12 is going to be a pain to push around out there...... and if its mounted on the back of the coil even worse. People tend to like the BIG coils for coverage..... but for small gold hunting bigger isnt better you have to work an area......... just takes in to much material. All that changes target ID..... so the first staple i hit there ya go. Seriously.... try and get them to allow another option as well for IN the water use. I know you have used the DF........ how'd you like pushing that coil around in the deeper water...... or fast moving near shore drift? As mostly a In the water hunter...... i feel penalized having to buy another coil right off the get go. My understanding this is a beach..... wet sand and water machine right? Then there are two types of hunters...... those with patience for small gold and those trying to cover a whole beach hoping to hit something moving as fast as they can.

Dew

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: November 03, 2018 10:30AM
Dew I said the same thing yesterday when I read this post on the coil, I can deal with a 12.5 on the beach but rarely do I hunt that area, 99% of my hunting is in the water knee to chin deep. This will be my water machine at a few locations, but deep waters where the old beach's hold more treasure.

Posted by: ginos
Date: November 03, 2018 02:21PM
LE.JAG
nice video Ginos,
from the goldquest series my favorite was the ssv3
probably the most powerful pulspower 12 volts

on the very thin gold ring of the video
you can hope to gain not far from 50% in depth

the Fisher AQ runs under 16 volts
calibrate to 7 us
and the operating silence was very much working
(the biggest difference with other PIs is here)

you have no problem to make the beaches in Italy?

I have no problems on the beach to use it at 10us even in wet conditions.
but here the beaches are very dirty I prefer to use the ctx.
I almost always use the sea golquest or detecor pro with the coil 8 is really deadly. arriving well beyond 40cm to take a taget of 4 grams.

here I have the sea to a high degree of salinity and with the golquest I can make it go between 12-25us

Date: November 04, 2018 04:45AM
Thats another issue you have to deal with ....... salt content in the water.....it varies and a smaller coil can deal with it better.

Dew Meeker

Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 05, 2018 08:51AM
The coil on all the protos has been center mounted - I expect that will be the case with production machines.

Since the coils are attached with connectors - not hard wired - It might be done like the CZ - choice of two coils - First Texas has done that a lot with various detectors in their stable.

Rick Kempf

Date: November 05, 2018 11:52AM
lytle78
The coil on all the protos has been center mounted - I expect that will be the case with production machines.

Since the coils are attached with connectors - not hard wired - It might be done like the CZ - choice of two coils - First Texas has done that a lot with various detectors in their stable.

Now that would be a great option.

Date: November 05, 2018 02:01PM
Exactly Joe. This is a beach machine...... but a PI is pretty limited in a lot of trash like the dry sand. So setting it up for the wet sand OR in the water makes sense there needs to be two coil options. One size dont suit all in the water....... do 7 or more hours with a big ole coil in swift water and you are whipped. A good 9 or 10" coil has a lot more potential for working salt water as well as tuning and the material you are dealing with under and around that coil. Look at the Xcal....... 10" coil..... what happened to the 8", they stopped making it.

Dew Meeker

Posted by: tvr
Date: November 06, 2018 05:21PM
More than just coil diameter in the equation. For me, 10.5 inch on the CZ produces way too much drag in the water. The 8 inch CZ coil seems to have about the same drag as the 11 inch HeadHunter Pulse coil. The HH Pulse coil is very usable in the water; and it's shaft mount is on the heal of the coil; no structure in that coil for a center mount. The 10 inch Xcal tornado coil is very usable in the water too; it is a fairly thin profile. Will have to see what the coils look like with respect to cross section and drag to see how well the sizes can be handled in the water.

Would be nice to have this new one in hand for this year's trip around New Years. Should that not happen, I am still pretty well equipped with what I have.

Date: November 06, 2018 07:02PM
tvr
More than just coil diameter in the equation. For me, 10.5 inch on the CZ produces way too much drag in the water. The 8 inch CZ coil seems to have about the same drag as the 11 inch HeadHunter Pulse coil. The HH Pulse coil is very usable in the water; and it's shaft mount is on the heal of the coil; no structure in that coil for a center mount. The 10 inch Xcal tornado coil is very usable in the water too; it is a fairly thin profile. Will have to see what the coils look like with respect to cross section and drag to see how well the sizes can be handled in the water.

Would be nice to have this new one in hand for this year's trip around New Years. Should that not happen, I am still pretty well equipped with what I have.

If they just started having testers, I would expect to see it next summer, or at best, spring....and I know it will not be my regular machine, I still think the excalibur is the best all around in the water machine, and right next to it the CZ20/21's. With the fisher PI I just want major depth, I need a PI that will hit the small gold deep and the big gold deeper. The good now is I have a new water ride and can take both.

Date: November 09, 2018 05:29AM
My interest is for deeper targets too Joe. BUT.... if the machine isnt capable of really disc out mostly iron targets...... then im just dealing with a deeper PI. Nice to have in the winter months....... but dust collector most during recent drop months unless ive beat a beach to death. Smaller coil would making working a beach ..... and in the water much better at least. 12.5 coil....... sure takes in a lot of material and near targets too that even on my beach could make it work.

Dew Meeker

Date: November 09, 2018 04:03PM
dew,
Which coil are you using the most in the water with the NOX? ... asking because I'm too lazy to read through all your posts on the NOX forum ;-)
tvr

Date: November 09, 2018 04:47PM
TVR..... the11”. The 6 is just way to tiny when you look down the beach lol. Ive always liked a 9 or 10” one. Thou I have used larger ones that worked great... like a sunray 12, SEF, ,13 and the DF. I have the 17 for the CTX but it’s barely used. I guess I’m a standard coil kind of guy. Even in the Gulf long shore drift can make bigger coils work. Ive found they move easier, have great sensitivity, and here in Fl depth is hard to beat even against a PI.

Dew Meeker

Date: November 09, 2018 07:30PM
Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login