Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: People are shying from Gold jewelry cause of the prices
Posted by: 2wheeldevil
Date: November 24, 2018 08:10AM
A new metal for rings is gaining in popularity. It is tantalum. Had my first experience of finding a tantalum ring for a gentleman. It rings up about the same as titanium and tungsten. The main difference is that the tantalum ring can be resized and is not as hard or brittle as the other two.
The metal is more rare and therefore the price is a little higher than titanium or tungsten. Going price for a mans wedding band is around $400.

Posted by: silvercoinboy
Date: December 27, 2018 05:54PM
Still finding gold in Europe (Germany and Switzerland). Mostly small though

Military guy living in Europe.
1 Equinox 800
1 Equinox 600
Fisher F-70 and 1265x
Minelab Excalibur 1000 ( fixed, and working great!).
Old White's DB4 dude (Greybox Sears special) when I was a kid

Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 28, 2018 07:29AM
Many of us guys were raised as Gold being the standard. My Grandparents had little but they had gold wedding bands. (Although thin) Growing up every high school sponsored gold graduation rings. Necklaces, medallions , gold. That's a lot of gold running around. Then came the spike in prices. The young aren't biting. They sold everything, invested in Stainless. Maybe they're not so stupid. Example, I found a stainless wedding band couple weeks ago. Guys out a hundred bucks, maybe less. Could have been $1,500 or so. Plus he's got the latest cell phone with his savings.
Going to be amusing when families gather to see who gets granpas Tungsten wedding ring.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login