Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
So just 47 coins, but for awhile I was young again, real young
Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 03, 2018 05:25PM
Dragging back from only about a hour & half of hunting on Tent-Peg beach, I caught what was happening not far from where I'm staying. The bank of the heavily sanded in beach was collapsing from the in coming tide. A beauty of a cut was happening right before me. Pulled myself together and went to locating. Using a Pulse Induction, first target, tent peg. Than a couple of gifts, Q & a dime eyed balled. Coins were bleeding up, also hit, any where from surface to 6" deep or so. It was a battle , from one end to the other side of the cut, and back, surf slapping in higher and higher. 47 coins, bunch of pegs, screws, just a couple of tabs, junk jewelry. Finally I was chased to the top. What a battle, and a thrill. 47 coins, just short of $5.00. Felt like I was run over by a tank.
Hope it happens again.

Re: So just 47 coins, but for awhile I was young again, real young
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: December 03, 2018 05:43PM
It can be alot of fun when the vault opens...love it when you pull em in right and left..

Posted by: tvr
Date: December 03, 2018 06:37PM
Always fun when something unusual happens to turn an average hunt into a special one.

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: December 04, 2018 02:39PM
Just the fact there were plenty of good targets sure makes for a good day out!

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 05, 2018 05:38AM
I was hunting a local beach the other day....... you could step off the bank and look at a 6' cut. The only problem was.......... all that sand was replentished sand wasnt a thing in it.... ugh. Helps knowing your beach. I saw two others hit it as well........ nada.

You have to love it when it starts producing a lot of coins or SINKERS. I gauge the above beach by when it starts producing .50 cal casings........ then its time to hunt it hard.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login