Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What was billed as a beach eroding storm, turned out to be a Fizz
Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 22, 2018 04:59PM
So this storm ended up shoving even more sand than what we had. From the surf line back to the Dunes. Even any outlines of recent cuts erased. Strange though, first time any of us guys seen in this area were. Full sized & living clams thrown up on the debris line. Along with a good many full sized shells, broken glass. Too rough to wade, but maybe when it settles might be a little more interesting. Everyone I seen was tossing the clams back giving them a second chance. Don't want to take away the destruction of property and lives storms cause people. Just if ole Neptune could safely shave off couple of three feet of his sand or so. Never seen those clams on these beaches before.

Re: What was billed as a beach eroding storm, turned out to be a Fizz
Posted by: geo0410
Date: December 22, 2018 11:51PM
Could be a pearl in one of those clams... Just say'n...

Re: What was billed as a beach eroding storm, turned out to be a Fizz
Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 23, 2018 05:44AM
Tomorrow will be my first run at the beach since the storm movement. Coming out of the West straight at the beach and with all that sand pilled up there stopping the curl near shore i kind of expected more dune erosion than cuts. In the right spots....with some barriers thou (rocks, concrete barriers, or built up sand bars thats closed off movement)..... targets can get moved there and make for a good hunt. Otherwise you are right...... you just get more pushed up sand.... ugh.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login