Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A week of Sunglasses and Shells
Posted by: tvr
Date: January 05, 2019 12:22PM
Finally unpacking from the end of year beach trip. Highlights were deep soft sand, eight pairs of sunglasses and the 50 caliber shells and points. Among the sunglasses were my first pair of Ray Ban; lenses still fairly clear but frames corroded, with no nose pads, and completely destroyed when I dug them up.

Hope 2019 is a great year of finds for all!
Cheers,
tvr

Re: A week of Sunglasses and Shells
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: January 05, 2019 03:20PM
Valiant effort. .. you got 2 rings there...

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: January 05, 2019 07:59PM
Tuff hunting with deep soft sand, but I think you did excellent! Next 3 months start watching those North winds with super lowtides, could be another blow out like last year.

Posted by: tvr
Date: January 05, 2019 09:09PM
rings ... was glad to find rings ... the band is copper with all plating gone. The other with "stone" has some coating left that is shiny black and appears that the black finish was meant as contrast to the other colors in the ring. I'm guessing the "stone" is glass; I'm sure the ring is junk.

OBN ... always watching the winds! Need to seal the seems in my waders so I stay dry! Your dry suit set up is fantastic, but I'm not there yet. The waders and trapping gauntlets have served me well, even when the seems leaked.
Cheers,
tvr

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login