Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Posted by: stateguyt
Date: January 26, 2019 11:48AM
I don’t see a forum for whites machines on this web site
I was wondering if someone can give information on this machine on how it’s performance is compared to other pi detectors
Also is it deeper then the tdi pro
Maybe there another web site someone can recommend where I can get more information on the tdi beach hunter
I looked at u tube

Re: Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: January 31, 2019 01:07PM
Clean your mailbox out, it's full. Can't send info...

Posted by: CCadrin
Date: January 31, 2019 03:17PM
I would be interested on some info too. I am on the fence on buying one.

Date: February 01, 2019 11:13AM
CCadrin
I would be interested on some info too. I am on the fence on buying one.

Will send you the info I have, I'm on the edge also. Waiting on the Manta but if not here by spring the TDI BH will be.

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: February 02, 2019 05:31PM
I gave up waiting for the Fisher "Aquamanta" and got the TDI BH as it was easily available locally ........ have not regretted the purchase.

Most likely something deeper and more sophisticated will be on the market in the future, but will it be as easy to use/operate ?

Posted by: H2OAU
Date: February 07, 2019 10:23AM
Oh, there's that word again, "aquamanta". That funny little unicorn a little metal detector, forever in testing never to be released. I have been reading about and waiting on this thing for years. Watching all those videos in Europe testing it in, on and around black sand and doing exceedingly well, scratching my head in Wonder at why they haven't released it yet. I'm not sure what they're waiting on, what one little adjustment that needs to be completed before they release it. At this point I'm kind of @#$%&. Constantly releasing just enough information to keep people's interest piqued yet never releasing the detector itself. Guess what, you can make video after video, forum post after forum post, singing the praises of a machine that can snatch dimes at 2 ft deep in solid black sand, but it's nothing more than fluff and bs until I can put the machine in my hands. like I said, the unicorn of metal detectors.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: February 07, 2019 11:42AM
First Texas acquired the Manta project just short of 2 years ago. Turning a prototype into a product takes time.

They have released zero videos and except for a couple of brief posts by Carl Moreland, the Engineering Director, FT has released no information about the project.

The videos out there were done by Alexandre Tartar, the developer and posted prior to FT’s acquisition of the project and hiring the team.

The guilty party in any hoopla on the forums is likely me. I have posted numerous times on various forums about what I know and suppose about the Manta. What I know is what is on the videos and what has been posted by Carl and by a French guy who posts as LE.JAG. He was the chief field tester of the development team and continues with the project.

My suppositions are my own and I have no inside dope on where they are with the project.

I also have no idea what the name of the product will be - probably not unicorn.

If and when a product is released to the market, we will all see what it can do. I have owned 7 different PI detectors 2 TDI’s, a ML SD2100, an SD2300, a Whites DFPI, a Garrett ATX and lately a Vallon VMC3CS. When I eventually get my hands on the Fisher PI, I will be able to pretty quickly decide where it fits in.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: H2OAU
Date: February 07, 2019 03:53PM
I look forward to reading your review of the detector when of it it finally comes out. Some of the information I got came from one of the higher-ups in the sales department but I'm not going to name drop, I don't want to get anybody in trouble. He never gave me too much information, just enough to peak my interest and make me really want the machine. From what I gathered, and from what I was told, that they basically already had a working platform a couple of years ago and just needed some tweaking. So since I was in the market for a new beach machine I waited a few months, which turned into a year, which turned into a year-and-a-half, and then two years...during that time of trying to find a beach machine I've gone through a couple of pi machines and a couple of single frequency vlf machines and am now content with my CZ 21. If and when this detector ever gets released I'll think about it, but the reality is my CZ 21 regularly finds targets in the 12 to 24 inch range and I'm happy with that. Would it be cool to go deeper for some of the really old stuff? Absolutely. Would it be cool to go way deeper to dig a gold-plated earring back? No, not even a little. I don't speak for anybody but myself, but I have zero interest in digging two and a half foot deep holes for an item I couldn't sell for $0.50 if I wanted to. Honestly, my biggest fear is that with all the research and development that seems to be going into this they are going to price it outside of what I would be willing to spend.

Almost TDI Time....:detecting:
Date: February 07, 2019 04:50PM
I knew it would happen, Got a killer spot just opened up, found it yesterday, two hunts now (7 hours)....deep faint targets with almost no trash..I know I'm missing gold with the excalibur. I pulled over 50 gold rings from this spot in 2015...she's coming alive again. I need deep....

Re: Almost TDI Time....:detecting:
Posted by: lytle78
Date: February 07, 2019 08:20PM
“Just some tweaking” ...

If by that you mean the whole process of completing a totally new mechanical design, spending dozens of thousands of $ on tooling, many tens of thousands more on production planning and verification - field testing of pre-production prototypes - re-working the “bugs” revealed in that testing, qualifying the production process including set-up and calibration of inside products - then yes, there is just “some tweaking” likely left to do.

Anyone who has ever been through the process of “productionizing” a prototype will tell you that that is the most difficult and highest risk part of new product development.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: bklein
Date: February 08, 2019 09:41AM
OBN, so what detectors have you hit the spot with - just the excal?

Date: February 08, 2019 07:26PM
bklein
OBN, so what detectors have you hit the spot with - just the excal?

Yes, xcal only I have a whites DF but Its so noisy I have a hard time hearing the faints. I am finding gold but its shallow, about 12 inch's. The coins are all oldies from the 20's up and deep. In the 12 to 20 inch range, 20 inch's the quarters. I know if I am finding coins that deep there is gold down there also, I just can't hear it...

Posted by: bklein
Date: February 09, 2019 10:38AM
I will be getting a dual field Tuesday after Whites installed a new coil and checked it out. I have two pi’s but never tried a DF. I am interested in playing with pi design. I have the original coil and replaced its cable. I have a proto surf pi board to start with. Is the noise on yours typical? Is it from high gain or sensitivity to ground and surroundings?

Posted by: lucar
Date: February 09, 2019 04:50PM
stateguyt
I don’t see a forum for whites machines on this web site
I was wondering if someone can give information on this machine on how it’s performance is compared to other pi detectors
Also is it deeper then the tdi pro
Maybe there another web site someone can recommend where I can get more information on the tdi beach hunter
I looked at u tube

Hi,
I'm plenty of info since I converted a TDI SL to scuba 3 years ago, but I'm sorry to say that, since this forum banned whites detectors while keeping some other crap, I'll not collaborate here.

Please change forum name to MinelabMall.

Cheers
Luca

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2019 05:14PM by lucar.

Date: February 09, 2019 08:46PM
bklein
I will be getting a dual field Tuesday after Whites installed a new coil and checked it out. I have two pi’s but never tried a DF. I am interested in playing with pi design. I have the original coil and replaced its cable. I have a proto surf pi board to start with. Is the noise on yours typical? Is it from high gain or sensitivity to ground and surroundings?

Yes, common with the DF.

The good I guess now is the Hot Spot is gone. 6 inch's of new sand from North winds. Time to find another..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login